    file archiver or something that might have shrunk and hidden them?
    Any ideas what could have caused this?
    The machine is Virus free, Spyware free, firewalled at the machine and router.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyaWQgQg==?=, Mar 8, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVyaWQgQg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Your issue would be better addressed in the proper group. You might try
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    Windows doesn't have an automatic achiever, shrinker or hider. It is the
    kind of action that viruses have been written for in the past. Often hiding
    and activating on some given date.

    John Barnes, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Strange - I wonder, have you simply lost your File Type Associations, in
    which case the files could still be there, but not being displayed?

    Have you tried making a search for the file type in question? That should
    find them regardless - if they do exist!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2007