    power
    failed, and system restarted, But some of the files got deleted, I have
    installed, anti virus software. Can You, Please tell me how it got deleted.
    Irshad, Jan 25, 2008

  2. I don't know what difference having antivirus software makes, but anytime
    there is an abrupt shutdown of the computer there is the risk of the loss of
    data.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 25, 2008

  3. Irshad

    Irshad Guest

    Only our application files are getting deleted.
    But no other files are getting delete, Is it a Install Shield Problem
    or any issues with windows

    Irshad, Jan 25, 2008
  4. Irshad

    Carlos Guest

    Irshad,
    Can you reinstall your application then?
    What Operating System are you using?
    What filesystem is your hard disk formated with?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 25, 2008
  5. Irshad

    Graham Guest

    Irshad wrote:
    > Only our application files are getting deleted.
    > But no other files are getting delete, Is it a Install Shield Problem
    > or any issues with windows

    How much detail do you know about your application? Is it losing only
    files which it has open for writing, or others? What "Write caching and
    Safe Removal" Policy is specified for the drive where these files are
    stored? You will note that there are options for this which can cause
    exactly what you describe, and if you have them enabled, disable them
    until you get a more reliable power source.
    Graham, Jan 27, 2008
  6. Irshad

    Irshad Guest

    Thanks Graham,

    I will check this, Can you please tell me why only our application files are
    getting deleted, and other application are running fine.

    Irshad, Jan 28, 2008
  7. Irshad

    Graham Guest

    Irshad wrote:
    > I will check this, Can you please tell me why only our application files are
    > getting deleted, and other application are running fine.

    Not really, without examining your code. Things I would look at are
    options on your file opens, and whether they are left open until the
    application ends instead of being closed when they are finished with.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jan 29, 2008