    I've tried using right click and delete, dragging to recycle bin,
    moving to another file and deleting the file; nothing works. I end up
    with more and more copies of unwanted documents. How can I fix this?

    CK, Nov 27, 2005

  2. CK

    Fakename Guest

    You may have a virus or spyware. Often malware will manipulate your
    shell environment, causing weird behaviors like you are describing.
    That would be the first place I'd look anyways.

    Fakename, Nov 27, 2005

  3. CK

    CK Guest

    Any suggestions on how to stop it? I've run two different virus
    software programs. Both say there is no virus found.

    CK, Dec 13, 2005
  4. CK

    goodsportz

    Joined:
    May 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Its happening to me too
    Exactly the same symptoms but its image files, JPgs
    I put them in my trash, and it even copied the trash file and made a shortcut!!!
    Very annoying spy bot search and destroy did not find it

    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    goodsportz, May 28, 2009
  5. CK

    Victor3

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    delete command copies files also

    I have the exact same symptoms as goodsportz - no clue, but don't think it's malware. It happened once before, I think I deleted them one at a time (brain damage) Any help would be most welcome. Nothing from microsoft, no surprise there

    AHA! TURNS OUT IT'S EASIER TO MOVE THE FILES YOU WANT TO SAVE TO ANOTHER FOLDER, THEN "SELECT ALL" FOR THE COPIES AND HIT DELETE. It appeared to be trying to copy them as the deletion was going on, but it worked! Next time, I'll just delete the folder with the copies itself, then make a new one. Still no clue why this is going on.

    Couple of things I found, sticking/malf. ctrl key (try one on other side) hold pointer STILL on jpeg or file when selecting to avoid "drag" copying?

    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    Victor3, Jun 9, 2009