    desktop, and would appreciate your comments. If you don't think it's a good
    idea to continue with this programme, can anyone recommend another easy to
    use spell checker? Thanks for your help
    WeeMax, Nov 1, 2005

  2. WeeMax

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:38:35 +1300, "WeeMax" <> wrote:

    >I have downloaded SpellCheck for O.E.2.1 from majorgeeks.com., because I
    >wanted a spell checker programme to use in Outlook Express as I haven't got
    >Word or Office.When I go to install Spell Check, I get a message saying that
    >"One or more files are write protected. Do you want to overwrite them
    >anyway?"
    >I am not sure what this means. Is it OK to say Yes and go ahead with the
    >installation? At the moment I still have the programme sitting on my
    >desktop, and would appreciate your comments. If you don't think it's a good
    >idea to continue with this programme, can anyone recommend another easy to
    >use spell checker? Thanks for your help

    Use a far better email program, may be Thunderbird come with one..

    I use Agent and that has a Spell checker.

    As they say you get what you pay for...
    XP, Nov 1, 2005

  3. WeeMax

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "WeeMax" <> wrote in message
    I have downloaded SpellCheck for O.E.2.1 from majorgeeks.com., because I
    wanted a spell checker programme to use in Outlook Express as I haven't got
    Word or Office.When I go to install Spell Check, I get a message saying that
    "One or more files are write protected. Do you want to overwrite them
    anyway?"
    I am not sure what this means. Is it OK to say Yes and go ahead with the
    installation? At the moment I still have the programme sitting on my
    desktop, and would appreciate your comments. If you don't think it's a good
    idea to continue with this programme, can anyone recommend another easy to
    use spell checker? Thanks for your help

    Works 7 & 8 don't have the spell check for OE like Works 2000 has.
    And files from Works 7 & 8 aren't even compatible with Works 2000.

    Trust Microsoft to make damn sure that their products aren't even
    compatible.

    Try looking for another spell checker, I think there's an ABC one or
    something.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 1, 2005
  4. WeeMax

    Phstpok Guest

    XP stubbed out the damp squib on 1/11/2005 4:00 p.m.and tried to bring
    to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:38:35 +1300, "WeeMax" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I have downloaded SpellCheck for O.E.2.1 from majorgeeks.com., because I
    >>wanted a spell checker programme to use in Outlook Express as I haven't got
    >>Word or Office.When I go to install Spell Check, I get a message saying that
    >>"One or more files are write protected. Do you want to overwrite them
    >>anyway?"
    >>I am not sure what this means. Is it OK to say Yes and go ahead with the
    >>installation? At the moment I still have the programme sitting on my
    >>desktop, and would appreciate your comments. If you don't think it's a good
    >>idea to continue with this programme, can anyone recommend another easy to
    >>use spell checker? Thanks for your help
    >>

    > Use a far better email program, may be Thunderbird come with one..
    >
    > I use Agent and that has a Spell checker.
    >
    > As they say you get what you pay for...

    I agree with Roger. Thunderbird looks and works similar to oe, and has a
    built in spell-checker.

    Rob

    --
    Phstpok, the friendly alien
    Phstpok, Nov 2, 2005
  5. WeeMax

    WeeMax Guest

    thanks for your ideas - I'll maybe try thunderbird instead
    WeeMax, Nov 3, 2005