    Texted files as well as ini files were left 'untouched'.

    Any suggestions ?
    Dudi

    Dudi, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Hi,
    Dudi wrote:
    > I am using two PC's, both of them are WinXP SP2, wirelss network
    > (D-Link stuff) that includes two USB cards for the PC's and a
    > wireless router which is connected via modem to ADSL. I'm also using
    > anti-virus on both of the platforms.
    >
    > I noticed that somehow files are changed when I am transferring files
    > between the two PC's. Actually, only exe, DLL and zip files where
    > modified. Texted files as well as ini files were left 'untouched'.

    so lets assume the virus scanner is doing it's work. What exactly lets you
    think that the files are *changed*?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf.

    Olaf Engelke [MVP], Aug 31, 2004

  3. Dudi

    Jack Guest

    Hi.

    I do not think that it has to do with Internet or Viruses.

    "Quirky" Network might trash EXE ZIP DLL files while leaving alone text
    files (ini are usually simple text files).

    This phenomenon might occur in wired Network too and it is usually a result
    of Bad CAT5 cables.

    I can tell you what I would do!

    I would re-configure my Network and the Basic Wireless with Wire. I.e.
    connect one computer with a CAT5 to the Router and do the initial
    configuration with Wire. Taking it one step at the time until I find what
    step is Trashing the Files. When every thing seems to work well switch to
    Wireless only.

    May be this can Help in the steps.

    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).