    but it didn't seem to recognize the files at all.

    Thanks,

    -Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZUx1ZWg=?=, Sep 4, 2005

  2. I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you create a temporary 32-bit machine
    and restore them to that. Then download the correct FSTW as described on our
    blog. http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/09/02/65120.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 4, 2005

  3. Thanks Charlie.

    Yup, pretty close to what I did. I have a couple of other machines in the
    house, all with slightly different flavors of the Xp OS. The trick seemed to
    be using the exact version of Windows that was previously installed on this
    machine (using the original discs) which were from a emerald MCE beta
    edition. I see now how important it is to backup with the wizard from the
    NEW os.

    Cheers,

    -Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZUx1ZWg=?=, Sep 7, 2005
  4. actually, the wizard from the x64 won't run on a 32bit version. :( But the
    one at the link works across all versions of XP, at least.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 7, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZUx1ZWg=?=

    Fat Bastard Guest

    I never did get it to work, see my last post

    Fat Bastard, Sep 8, 2005
  6. When I use the FASTCONV file I keep getting the "source store is invaild".
    If you have any more ideas please let me know.

    Thank You

    Bob

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Feb 27, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZUx1ZWg=?=

    Rick Guest

    Have you downloaded the update for Win XP 32-bit that enables F&S Xfer
    from 32-bit to 64-bit?

    Update for Windows XP (KB896344)

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...18-CBDB-47C0-B7C2-77C4CC37A450&displaylang=en

    Rick, Feb 27, 2006