    Seems so easy to do....

    Tks
    Kaz

    Kaz, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Kaz

    Daryl Bryant Guest

    We use IPTC coding, can be added to adobe metadata

    IPTC site -->> http://www.iptc.org/pages/index.php

    Some programs that may help you -->>
    http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/programs.html

    --
    Bing Bang Boom Viola Done!
    "Kaz" <> wrote in message
    > Been Googling for hours.
    > Seems many programs out there will take Exif data and create a filename

    for
    > a photo.
    > But I have hundreds (thousands?) of photos which have already been renamed
    > to include the place, persons, etc. in them.
    > Now I would like to take this descriptive file name and copy it into the
    > Image Description or User Comment field so I can make sure it stays with

    the

    Daryl Bryant, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Kaz

    l v Guest

    Kaz wrote:
    > Been Googling for hours.
    > Seems many programs out there will take Exif data and create a filename for
    > a photo.
    > But I have hundreds (thousands?) of photos which have already been renamed
    > to include the place, persons, etc. in them.
    > Now I would like to take this descriptive file name and copy it into the
    > Image Description or User Comment field so I can make sure it stays with the
    > photo, plus sometimes the long file names create a problem burning CD's.
    > Anyone aware of any program out there that can do this?
    > Seems so easy to do....
    >
    > Tks
    > Kaz

    You did not list what operating system you are using. Since you are
    using Microsoft Outlook Express, I am assumming you are on microsoft
    windows.

    You could do this with jhead ( http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead )
    and the command line.

    The following will take all jpg's in the current directory and insert
    the file name without the extension into the jpg's comment field.

    for %F in (*.jpg) do jhead -cl "%~nF" "%F"

    --

    Len

    l v, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Kaz

    Kaz Guest

    Thanks for the responses,

    Sounds great and think I will try jhead. I did see that one, but wasn't sure
    about the command line parameters.

    Yes, using Windows XP as was surmised from looking at the details in the
    post.

    Kaz

    Kaz, Jul 31, 2006