    Does anybody out there know if I can import image exif data, directly into a
    Filemaker Pro database?

    Cheers Paul.

    Paul, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Paul

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-03-07, Paul <> wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Does anybody out there know if I can import image exif data, directly into a
    > Filemaker Pro database?

    sounds possible.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Paul

    David Empson Guest

    Paul <> wrote:

    > Does anybody out there know if I can import image exif data, directly into a
    > Filemaker Pro database?

    http://www.filemaker.com/help/12-Import export14.html

    FileMaker Pro 8.5 can import EXIF data along with a JPEG image when
    importing photos directly from a digital camera into a database. It
    looks like this feature may have been introduced in FileMaker Pro 6.

    For some bizzare reason, it can't do it with JPEGs imported into iPhoto
    or with Image Capture then transferred to FileMaker, only when importing
    directly from a digital camera.

    http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html

    This plugin does lots of things, including importing EXIF data from
    arbitrary JPEGs. Not cheap: US$75 per user and platform (with volume
    discounts for 10+ licences).

    There may be other options. I found the above two doing a Google search
    for "EXIF FileMake Pro".

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Paul

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in

    > Does anybody out there know if I can import image exif data,
    > directly into a Filemaker Pro database?

    Theres a nice freeware called "Exifer for Windows" which can export
    exif data, among many other useful attributes. FM pro can import tab or
    comma delimeted text easily. Exifer exports to .CSV "text/csv
    text/comma-separated-values" so FM pro won't have a problem with that.

    http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 8, 2007