File with no Date Modified

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Terry Pinnell, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. In a My Computer folder of 20 or so JPG files, one has no entry in the
    Date Modified column. Don't recall ever seeing that before. Remains
    the same if I move it elsewhere. Any ideas how that came about please?
    Date Accessed and Date Created are both present (if I choose to
    display them).

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Terry Pinnell

    Plato Guest

    Terry Pinnell wrote:

    > In a My Computer folder of 20 or so JPG files, one has no entry in the
    > Date Modified column. Don't recall ever seeing that before. Remains
    > the same if I move it elsewhere. Any ideas how that came about please?
    > Date Accessed and Date Created are both present (if I choose to
    > display them).

    Moving a file does not modify it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Terry Pinnell <> wrote:

    >In a My Computer folder of 20 or so JPG files, one has no entry in the
    >Date Modified column. Don't recall ever seeing that before. Remains
    >the same if I move it elsewhere. Any ideas how that came about please?
    >Date Accessed and Date Created are both present (if I choose to
    >display them).

    Hmm - I've just examined the file, Point01.jpg, in IrfanView with
    Image>Information, and its File date/time field says:
    08/07/28980 / 18:42:35 Just a bit ahead of itself there!

    Point02.jpg for example has 24/01/2006 / 15:50:55.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Terry Pinnell

    old jon Guest

    "Terry Pinnell" <> wrote in message
    > Terry Pinnell <> wrote:
    >
    >>In a My Computer folder of 20 or so JPG files, one has no entry in the
    >>Date Modified column. Don't recall ever seeing that before. Remains
    >>the same if I move it elsewhere. Any ideas how that came about please?
    >>Date Accessed and Date Created are both present (if I choose to
    >>display them).

    > Hmm - I've just examined the file, Point01.jpg, in IrfanView with
    > Image>Information, and its File date/time field says:
    > 08/07/28980 / 18:42:35 Just a bit ahead of itself there!
    >
    > Point02.jpg for example has 24/01/2006 / 15:50:55.

    Hi Terry. Why don`t you load said file into IV ?. Then save it to a new
    location, and see what the new file reports .
    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 11, 2006
  5. "old jon" <> wrote:

    >"Terry Pinnell" <> wrote in message
    >> Terry Pinnell <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In a My Computer folder of 20 or so JPG files, one has no entry in the
    >>>Date Modified column. Don't recall ever seeing that before. Remains
    >>>the same if I move it elsewhere. Any ideas how that came about please?
    >>>Date Accessed and Date Created are both present (if I choose to
    >>>display them).

    >> Hmm - I've just examined the file, Point01.jpg, in IrfanView with
    >> Image>Information, and its File date/time field says:
    >> 08/07/28980 / 18:42:35 Just a bit ahead of itself there!
    >>
    >> Point02.jpg for example has 24/01/2006 / 15:50:55.
    >>

    >Hi Terry. Why don`t you load said file into IV ?. Then save it to a new
    >location, and see what the new file reports .

    Thanks OJ, but I'd tried that and the bizarre IV date went with it,
    and it remained undisplayed in an XP folder. The only thing that did
    change - and this is just opening Point01.jpg in IV and immediately
    saving it as Point01x.jpg - was that its *size* changed slightly, from
    101,382 to 101,236 bytes!

    It's only of academic curiosity of course. I've recreated the file
    from scratch and that is behaving in bog standard fashion.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Feb 11, 2006