    folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
    freeze the setting.

    Thanks, DaveF

    DaveF, May 6, 2006

  2. DaveF

    thanatoid Guest

    DaveF <> wrote in
    news::

    > For Windows Explorer in XP
    >
    > How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently
    > stay there for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to
    > those big ugly file folder icons, at least most of the
    > time. I can't find any menu to freeze the setting.
    >
    > Thanks, DaveF

    Download Total Commander from www.ghisler.com, spend some time
    learning what you need of its many features, and never use
    Explorer again.

    As I have repeatedly stated, WE appears to me to have been
    intentionally designed to let you do the least possible with as
    much trouble as possible.

    --
    thanatoid-Tip® #15
    Depending on the origin, an insult can be a compliment and vice

    thanatoid, May 6, 2006

  3. "DaveF" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > For Windows Explorer in XP
    >
    > How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
    > for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
    > folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
    > freeze the setting.

    Ever tried an alternative file manager like XYplorer (shareware)? It
    remembers everything forever.
    http://www.xyplorer.com/

    Don

    Donald Lessau, May 6, 2006
  4. DaveF

    DaveF Guest

    On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <> wrote:

    >For Windows Explorer in XP
    >
    >How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
    >for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
    >folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
    >freeze the setting.
    >
    >Thanks, DaveF

    Thanks thanatoid and Donald. I normally avoid WE as well as any
    Microshit programs I can. My main file manager is Compupic Pro. But
    yesterday I was restoring files to a new hard drive and having lots of
    problems, one being the restore thrashed my copy of Cpic. I had to
    use WE. But I will check out Xyplorer and Total Commander as
    optional backups to Cpic. Thanks!
    DaveF

    DaveF, May 6, 2006
  5. "DaveF" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <> wrote:
    >
    > >For Windows Explorer in XP
    > >
    > >How can I set the View menu to List and have it permanently stay there
    > >for ever and ever? It keeps reverting back to those big ugly file
    > >folder icons, at least most of the time. I can't find any menu to
    > >freeze the setting.
    > >
    > >Thanks, DaveF

    > Thanks thanatoid and Donald. I normally avoid WE as well as any
    > Microshit programs I can. My main file manager is Compupic Pro. But
    > yesterday I was restoring files to a new hard drive and having lots of
    > problems, one being the restore thrashed my copy of Cpic. I had to
    > use WE. But I will check out Xyplorer and Total Commander as
    > optional backups to Cpic. Thanks!
    > DaveF

    Try Jexplorer.exe from everex.com (free and very convenient)
    http://www.everrex.com/

    bruno cardinal, May 6, 2006
  6. DaveF

    DaveF Guest

    On Sat, 6 May 2006 16:10:55 -0400, "bruno cardinal"
    <> wrote:

    >"DaveF" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> On Sat, 06 May 2006 04:29:51 GMT, DaveF <> wrote:

    >Try Jexplorer.exe from everex.com (free and very convenient)
    >http://www.everrex.com/

    Thanks bruno I sure will
    DaveF

    DaveF, May 7, 2006