    another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.

    TIA
    Paul
    Paul, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Paul

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Paul said:

    > Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
    > compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
    > automatically.
    > another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
    >
    > TIA
    > Paul

    XXCOPY
    http://www.xxcopy.com/
    Ralph Mann, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Ralph Mann <> wrote in message
    > Paul said:
    >
    > > Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and

    ext)
    > > compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
    > > automatically.
    > > another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Paul

    > XXCOPY
    > http://www.xxcopy.com/

    Thanks for the quick response....I will check it out. Can this program also
    take a file and append to another? I have files that are multi tif images,
    (like a paper port scan) and now want to add additional pages (tif scans)
    or am I looking at another type of utility.
    Paul, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Paul

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Paul said:

    > Ralph Mann <> wrote in message
    >> Paul said:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
    >>> compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
    >>> automatically.
    >>> another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> Paul

    >> XXCOPY
    >> http://www.xxcopy.com/
    >>

    > Thanks for the quick response....I will check it out. Can this program also
    > take a file and append to another? I have files that are multi tif images,

    Not that I'm aware of.

    > (like a paper port scan) and now want to add additional pages (tif scans)
    > or am I looking at another type of utility.

    I think someone like Hawk will be better placed to answer this next question.
    Ralph Mann, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Paul

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:46 -0500, Paul wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
    >compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
    >automatically.

    Like this, with "same date and time" unchecked?

    http://www.satsignal.net/

    --
    * shodan eyes TMP's index.cgi::displayTaskTable() warily
    * shodan eyes Interface.pm
    Mara, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Paul

    Harrison Guest

    Take a look at http://www.clonespy.de/english/

    Harrison, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Paul

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:46 -0500, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Paul"
    <> wrote :

    >Does anyone know of a utility, or how to check two files (same name and ext)
    >compare file date and overwrite only if the file is an older version,
    >automatically.
    >another words like doing a restore and setting overwrite only is older.
    >
    >TIA
    >Paul

    Loads around to try.

    http://www.pricelessware.org/