    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Aug 19, 2003

  2. It sounds like you dont have the proper codecs to play the video part of the
    file. If you search for the codecs for the file in google you should get
    them easy enough. Some of the groups like TMD etc. have their own so you
    will need to get the specifics ones.

    "Steve 'Wacko'" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone tell me if there is a way of changing a way a media file
    > plays...............
    >
    > I have downloaded something from Winmx just to see if what the fuss is

    about
    > file sharing. The file has downloaded has the extensions"[tmd].(tcf).ts.".
    >
    > When I play it it just plays the sound in the media player, Have I
    > downloaded the film as well ???????? and can I view it ???????????? or is

    it
    > just the sound.........
    >
    > I suppose it is a silly question and I will get slated by the clever ones

    on

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Cheers Robin

    Sorry for asking but 1) What are Codecs ? 2) How do I know which ones I want
    and 3) When I DL them were do I put them......

    Many Thanks

    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Aug 19, 2003
  4. http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    I think this download covers most of the main ones. They will install
    themselves so you shouldn't have to worry about that, just run the file you
    download.

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Steve 'Wacko'

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:45:24 +0100, "Chris"
    <> scribbled:

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Steve 'Wacko'

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Steve 'Wacko' continued:

    > Can someone tell me if there is a way of changing a way a media file
    > plays...............
    >
    > I have downloaded something from Winmx just to see if what the fuss
    > is about file sharing. The file has downloaded has the
    > extensions"[tmd].(tcf).ts.".

    Sounds well fuckin dodgy to me.

    What exactly is the filename ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  7. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Sentient Fluid continued:

    > > I'm guessing that there is more following [tmd].(tcf).ts. Perhaps
    > > something like "[tmd].(tcf).ts.avi" or "[tmd].(tcf).ts.mpg"? If so
    > > then all [tmd].(tcf).ts is are intials. "Professionals" who rip
    > > movies/videos/etc put their intials and the intials of whatever warez
    > > group they belong to in the filename for recognition purposes.
    > >
    > > HTH
    > >
    > >> Sounds well fuckin dodgy to me.
    > >>
    > >> What exactly is the filename ?

    > > Sorry to piggy-back, Slumpy...

    > No problem. As long as you pay the osteopath when my spine goes ;-)

    Ahhhh... so now we're down to fat jokes are we? :p

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 22, 2003