    Can anyone explain why the changes I make to settings for certain file types
    revert to their original settings. Specifically, I uncheck DDE on
    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol, but it doesn't remain unchecked. Thanks.

    pnrobb, Aug 28, 2008

  2. If I understand this correctly - you cannot selectively deselect DDE for
    items you may wish for. With a bit of digging under the hood of the OS, you
    should (I understand) be able to completely turn off the feature - which
    essentially would be the equivalent of undermining the entire safety system
    that modern Windows versions are built upon.

    Pay a visit to the MS Knowledge Base and you should find some good articles
    on the subject, and our own Charlie's Blog may have something to say about
    it too?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 3, 2008