    I would think when you attempt to run something not associated. Firefox
    would ask what you want to do with this type of file.

    Thanx!
    SG, Jan 16, 2007

  2. SG

    Ed Mullen Guest

    SG wrote:
    > 1.5.0.9
    >
    > I deleted a bunch of file type associations in tools/downloads/view &
    > edit actions and I need a few back, I see no where to add new actions.
    >
    > One, for instance is the Video Downloader extension, Firefox now tells
    > me no association for this type, do I just uninstall this extension and
    > reinstall it? Would this be the case for most other programs to
    > reassociate file types? Do they only associate themselves when programs/
    > extensions get installed?
    >
    > I would think when you attempt to run something not associated. Firefox
    > would ask what you want to do with this type of file.
    >
    > Thanx!

    FF has no editor for MIME/Helper applications; SeaMonkey still does.
    When you download (or click on) an undefined file-type FF should ask you
    how you want it to handle it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 16, 2007

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > SG wrote:
    >> 1.5.0.9
    >>
    >> I deleted a bunch of file type associations in tools/downloads/view &
    >> edit actions and I need a few back, I see no where to add new actions.
    >>
    >> One, for instance is the Video Downloader extension, Firefox now tells
    >> me no association for this type, do I just uninstall this extension and
    >> reinstall it? Would this be the case for most other programs to
    >> reassociate file types? Do they only associate themselves when programs/
    >> extensions get installed?
    >>
    >> I would think when you attempt to run something not associated. Firefox
    >> would ask what you want to do with this type of file.
    >>
    >> Thanx!
    >>

    > FF has no editor for MIME/Helper applications; SeaMonkey still does.
    > When you download (or click on) an undefined file-type FF should ask you
    > how you want it to handle it.

    In Firefox, to add a new helper application, simply download a file of
    that type. Since no helper application is set, Firefox will ask you what
    to do with the file. Tell it, and check the 'remember' box, a new helper
    appliation setting will be created for you.
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 16, 2007
  4. SG

    SG Guest

    &
    > >> edit actions and I need a few back, I see no where to add new

    actions.

    > >> One, for instance is the Video Downloader extension, Firefox now

    tells
    > >> me no association for this type, do I just uninstall this extension

    and
    > >> reinstall it? Would this be the case for most other programs to
    > >> reassociate file types? Do they only associate themselves when

    programs/
    > >> extensions get installed?
    > >>
    > >> I would think when you attempt to run something not associated.

    Firefox
    > >> would ask what you want to do with this type of file.
    > >>
    > >> Thanx!
    > >>

    > > FF has no editor for MIME/Helper applications; SeaMonkey still does.
    > > When you download (or click on) an undefined file-type FF should ask

    you
    > > how you want it to handle it.
    > >

    > In Firefox, to add a new helper application, simply download a file of
    > that type. Since no helper application is set, Firefox will ask you

    what
    > to do with the file. Tell it, and check the 'remember' box, a new

    helper
    > appliation setting will be created for you.

    not for the Video Downloader extension it doesn't, I get Alert message:
    Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
    (mms) isn't associated with any program.

    I'm thinking that I need to uninstall and reinstall the extension for it
    to reassociate.
    SG, Jan 17, 2007
  5. SG

    SG Guest

    "SG" <> wrote in message

    > "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote in message
    > > Ed Mullen wrote:

    tools/downloads/view
    > &

    > actions.

    > tells

    extension
    > and

    > programs/

    > Firefox

    > > > FF has no editor for MIME/Helper applications; SeaMonkey still

    does.
    > > > When you download (or click on) an undefined file-type FF should

    ask
    > you
    > > > how you want it to handle it.
    > > >

    > > In Firefox, to add a new helper application, simply download a file

    of
    > > that type. Since no helper application is set, Firefox will ask you

    > what
    > > to do with the file. Tell it, and check the 'remember' box, a new

    > helper
    > > appliation setting will be created for you.

    > not for the Video Downloader extension it doesn't, I get Alert

    message:
    > Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
    > (mms) isn't associated with any program.
    >
    > I'm thinking that I need to uninstall and reinstall the extension for

    it
    > to reassociate.

    on the other hand, mms is probably not supported
    SG, Jan 17, 2007