    Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    the answers to this problem.

    Tom Tricep
    Tom Tricep, Feb 15, 2008

  2. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:00:28 -0800, Tom Tricep <>
    wrote:

    >Good People:
    >
    >When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >
    >Wassup? Why is this?
    >
    >Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    >the answers to this problem.
    >
    >Tom Tricep

    As with any other drive, you should go through the procedures to make
    it work correctly. Formatting and initializing, then partitioning.
    What happens if you were to put those files into a folder?
    Using folders, you could at least categorize the various styles of
    files rather than just blindly placing them on the root drive.
    As there is a limit as to what you can put on the root drive. So
    perhaps you have reached that limit.

    --
    "Tell a lie often enough, loud enough, and long enough and people will believe you."
    Adolph Hitler
    richard, Feb 15, 2008

  3. Tom Tricep

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:00:28 -0800, Tom Tricep <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Good People:
    >>
    >>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>
    >>Wassup? Why is this?
    >>
    >>Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    >>the answers to this problem.
    >>
    >>Tom Tricep

    >As with any other drive, you should go through the procedures to make
    >it work correctly. Formatting and initializing, then partitioning.
    >What happens if you were to put those files into a folder?
    >Using folders, you could at least categorize the various styles of
    >files rather than just blindly placing them on the root drive.

    That's nice. Does not answer the question though.

    >As there is a limit as to what you can put on the root drive. So
    >perhaps you have reached that limit.

    Bwahahahahaaha!!!! You really ARE stupid.

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org
    G. Morgan, Feb 15, 2008
  4. Tom Tricep

    Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote:

    >Good People:
    >
    >When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >
    >Wassup? Why is this?

    The name? Rename it and see.

    Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    --

    dudefalling
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/dudefalling
  5. Tom Tricep

    G. Morgan Guest

    Tom Tricep wrote:

    >Good People:
    >
    >When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >
    >Wassup? Why is this?
    >
    >Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    >the answers to this problem.
    >
    >Tom Tricep

    What O/S are you using Tomicia?

    G. Morgan, Feb 15, 2008
  6. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:11:21 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:00:28 -0800, Tom Tricep <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good People:
    >>>
    >>>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>>
    >>>Wassup? Why is this?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    >>>the answers to this problem.
    >>>
    >>>Tom Tricep

    >>As with any other drive, you should go through the procedures to make
    >>it work correctly. Formatting and initializing, then partitioning.
    >>What happens if you were to put those files into a folder?
    >>Using folders, you could at least categorize the various styles of
    >>files rather than just blindly placing them on the root drive.

    >That's nice. Does not answer the question though.
    >
    >>As there is a limit as to what you can put on the root drive. So
    >>perhaps you have reached that limit.

    >Bwahahahahaaha!!!! You really ARE stupid.

    Am I?

    http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=root drive limit

    Seems a lot of very knowledgable people have the same idea.
    It has a lot to do with the BIOS and what it can handle.

    I've been messin around with computers since the mid '70's.
    Before windows 3.1 came into existance and the only choice in
    languages was basic and dos.

    I've been on this forum for 10 years. And the OP's question is
    relatively frequent.
    But you go ahead and believe what you want. Don't come back here with
    a stupid question about how you didn't know the root drive had a limit
    and it wouldn't accept your file.

    Assuming your current disk is partitioned, as an experiment, begin
    you get the same error.
    Oh and do be sure to tell us how sluggish your system is to boot with
    all those files on it.

    richard, Feb 15, 2008
  7. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:19:28 -0800, wrote:

    > Tom Tricep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Good People:
    >>
    >>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>
    >>Wassup? Why is this?

    >The name? Rename it and see.
    >
    >Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    >name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    Renaming the file won't eradicate the error message.
    The disk is "full" because the BIOS says it is.

    richard, Feb 15, 2008
  8. Tom Tricep

    SgtMinor Guest

    Tom Tricep wrote:
    > Good People:
    >
    > When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    > Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    > full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    > anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >
    > Wassup? Why is this?
    >
    > Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    > the answers to this problem.
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    What is your operating system and what method are you using to transfer
    these files? Are you moving them or copying them?

    If you're not using command line methods you might like Robocopy:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/11/UtilitySpotlight/

    Does Vista have DRM issues with certain file types?
    SgtMinor, Feb 15, 2008
  9. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:51:24 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Tom Tricep wrote:
    >> Good People:
    >>
    >> When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >> Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >> full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >> anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>
    >> Wassup? Why is this?
    >>
    >> Thanks to the intelligenicia of the 24 hour help desk in advance for
    >> the answers to this problem.
    >>
    >> Tom Tricep

    >What is your operating system and what method are you using to transfer
    >these files? Are you moving them or copying them?
    >
    >If you're not using command line methods you might like Robocopy:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/11/UtilitySpotlight/
    >
    >Does Vista have DRM issues with certain file types?

    Not vista itself, but windows media player does if you use the "WMA"
    format. Or any other audio player for that matter. As M$ has set it up
    to detect the license. No license, no play.

    richard, Feb 15, 2008
  10. Tom Tricep

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:19:28 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> Tom Tricep <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good People:
    >>>
    >>>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>>
    >>>Wassup? Why is this?

    >>The name? Rename it and see.
    >>
    >>Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    >>name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    >Renaming the file won't eradicate the error message.
    >The disk is "full" because the BIOS says it is.

    Really read and understand the OP's question.

    And SgtMinor might be close with vista and it's DRM.
    --

    dudefalling
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/dudefalling
    , Feb 15, 2008
  11. Tom Tricep

    G. Morgan Guest

    RtS wrote:

    >>>As there is a limit as to what you can put on the root drive. So
    >>>perhaps you have reached that limit.

    >>Bwahahahahaaha!!!! You really ARE stupid.

    >Am I?

    Yes you are.

    >http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=root drive limit

    What exactly on that result page am I supposed to be looking at, RtS?

    >Seems a lot of very knowledgable people have the same idea.

    Really? Care to provide a link?

    >It has a lot to do with the BIOS and what it can handle.

    Bullshit, not anymore.

    >I've been messin around with computers since the mid '70's.

    Whoop de doo - I wouldn't brag about that if I were you, you haven't learned a
    damn thing in all this time.

    >Before windows 3.1 came into existance and the only choice in
    >languages was basic and dos.

    Guess what genius? DOS is an operating system, not a programming language.

    >I've been on this forum for 10 years.

    And others too - I've read your dossier. You've admitted to possession of
    child porn on your hard disk. Read about it here:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/doklands/cenkoc/rtsfaq.html

    You also told me 2 weeks ago that you had contacted Google and demanded they
    remove any reference to your FAQ in their search results. You said they agreed
    to comply. Well, they didn't - see #2 hit:
    http://www.google.com/search?client...e stupid faq&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

    >And the OP's question is relatively frequent.

    Well answer his question then, fuckwit. It is apparent you don't know the
    answer.

    >But you go ahead and believe what you want. Don't come back here with
    >a stupid question about how you didn't know the root drive had a limit
    >and it wouldn't accept your file.

    I don't have a stupid question, I know your explanation is completely wrong.
    For one the OP said he is only copying a 125MB file, that's way under the 37GB
    limit of what you're babbling about.

    No, **** you.

    >Oh and do be sure to tell us how sluggish your system is to boot with
    >all those files on it.

    I'm feeling extra nice today since it's still Valentines Day so here's a link
    for some light reading explaining why your theory is outdated.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INT_13

    G. Morgan, Feb 15, 2008
  12. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    Thanks for the ntl link. I have been successful at getting most of the
    mirror sites removed.

    As for the question on limits, it doesn't matter if it was 1kb file.
    You would still get the error message.
    The limit refers to the maximum number of entries. Not the file size.

    richard, Feb 15, 2008
  13. Tom Tricep

    G. Morgan Guest

    richard wrote:

    >Thanks for the ntl link. I have been successful at getting most of the
    >mirror sites removed.

    Have fun.

    >As for the question on limits, it doesn't matter if it was 1kb file.
    >You would still get the error message.
    >The limit refers to the maximum number of entries. Not the file size.

    What O/S? How many entries? What makes you think the OP is booting off his
    *external* drive? You have no argument, you stated no facts. You're a maroon.

    G. Morgan, Feb 15, 2008
  14. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:19:28 -0800, wrote:

    > Tom Tricep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Good People:
    >>
    >>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>
    >>Wassup? Why is this?

    >The name? Rename it and see.
    >
    >Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    >name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    My OS is win 2000. I have attempted to rename the file, calling it
    AVI, Calling it jpeg. It still will not copy or cut and paste.

    I think it may have to do with the files being associated with divx,
    possibly they may be still associated with the divix program although
    there is no indication that divx is running. This is really wierd.

    My task manager confirms that no programs are running at the time of
    attempted transfer.

    Next step is to copy the files onto a cd or dvd and then transfer them
    onto my storage disc, unless someone has a solution.

    I am still merilly transfering all kinds of files to the 1TB hard
    drive, via drag and drop. It's just these bastard divx movie files.
    To really make things interesting, I transferred other divx files no
    problem.

    The question is: what in a file that is being transferred that is 125
    mb size make the reciepient drive think it was full?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tom Tricep
    Tom Tricep, Feb 18, 2008
  15. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:19:28 -0800, wrote:

    >The name? Rename it and see.
    >
    >Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    >name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    I think you may be onto something. These movies are a bit old. I did
    change the name, nothing happened, it still did not accept, but I am
    thinking maybe there is some script inside the file that is f'ing up?

    Thanks for the info!

    Tom Tricep
    Tom Tricep, Feb 18, 2008
  16. Tom Tricep

    G. Morgan Guest

    Tom Tricep wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:19:28 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> Tom Tricep <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good People:
    >>>
    >>>When I attempt to transfer divx files of any size, say 125mb, the
    >>>Western Digital HD recipient, a messge pops up and says "drive is
    >>>full". It will accept anything else, of any size. AVI's, Jpegs,
    >>>anything. I have 850gigs of free space.
    >>>
    >>>Wassup? Why is this?

    >>The name? Rename it and see.
    >>
    >>Some names are forbidden (Win2000 and up) you can't have a directory
    >>name'd PRN or even a text file name'd PRN.txt.

    >My OS is win 2000. I have attempted to rename the file, calling it
    >AVI, Calling it jpeg. It still will not copy or cut and paste.
    >
    >I think it may have to do with the files being associated with divx,
    >possibly they may be still associated with the divix program although
    >there is no indication that divx is running. This is really wierd.
    >
    >My task manager confirms that no programs are running at the time of
    >attempted transfer.
    >
    >Next step is to copy the files onto a cd or dvd and then transfer them
    >onto my storage disc, unless someone has a solution.
    >
    >I am still merilly transfering all kinds of files to the 1TB hard
    >drive, via drag and drop. It's just these bastard divx movie files.
    >To really make things interesting, I transferred other divx files no
    >problem.
    >
    >The question is: what in a file that is being transferred that is 125
    >mb size make the reciepient drive think it was full?

    Try it from the command line next. I would open a command prompt on the WD
    drive and MD the .dir , CD to that .dir , then xcopy.

    [for reference xcopy help:]

    Xcopy Copies files and directories, including subdirectories.

    Syntax
    xcopy Source [Destination] [/w] [/p] [/c] [/v] [/q] [/f] [/l] [/g]
    [/d[:mm-dd-yyyy]] [/u] [/i] [/s [/e]] [/t] [/k] [/r] [/h] [{/a|/m}] [/n] [/o]
    [/x] [/exclude:file1[+[file2]][+[file3]] [{/y|/-y}] [/z]

    Parameters
    Source
    Required. Specifies the location and names of the files you want to copy. This
    parameter must include either a drive or a path.
    Destination
    Specifies the destination of the files you want to copy. This parameter can
    include a drive letter and colon, a directory name, a file name, or a
    combination of these.
    /w
    Displays the following message and waits for your response before starting to
    copy files:
    Press any key to begin copying file(s)

    /p
    Prompts you to confirm whether you want to create each destination file.
    /c
    Ignores errors.
    /v
    Verifies each file as it is written to the destination file to make sure that
    the destination files are identical to the source files.
    /q
    Suppresses the display of xcopy messages.
    /f
    Displays source and destination file names while copying.
    /l
    Displays a list of files that are to be copied.
    /g
    Creates decrypted destination files.
    /d[:mm-dd-yyyy]
    Copies source files changed on or after the specified date only. If you do not
    include a mm-dd-yyyy value, xcopy copies all Source files that are newer than
    existing Destination files. This command-line option allows you to update files
    that have changed.
    /u
    Copies files from Source that exist on Destination only.
    /i
    If Source is a directory or contains wildcards and Destination does not exist,
    xcopy assumes destination specifies a directory name and creates a new
    directory. Then, xcopy copies all specified files into the new directory. By
    default, xcopy prompts you to specify whether Destination is a file or a
    directory.
    /s
    Copies directories and subdirectories, unless they are empty. If you omit /s,
    xcopy works within a single directory.
    /e
    Copies all subdirectories, even if they are empty. Use /e with the /s and /t
    command-line options.
    /t
    Copies the subdirectory structure (that is, the tree) only, not files. To copy
    empty directories, you must include the /e command-line option.
    /k
    Copies files and retains the read-only attribute on destination files if
    present on the source files. By default, xcopy removes the read-only attribute.
    /r
    Copies read-only files.
    /h
    Copies files with hidden and system file attributes. By default, xcopy does not
    copy hidden or system files.
    /a
    Copies only source files that have their archive file attributes set. /a does
    not modify the archive file attribute of the source file. For information about
    how to set the archive file attribute by using attrib, see Related Topics.
    /m
    Copies source files that have their archive file attributes set. Unlike /a, /m
    turns off archive file attributes in the files that are specified in the
    source. For information about how to set the archive file attribute by using
    attrib, see Related Topics.
    /n
    Creates copies by using the NTFS short file or directory names. /n is required
    when you copy files or directories from an NTFS volume to a FAT volume or when
    the FAT file system naming convention (that is, 8.3 characters) is required on
    the destination file system. The destination file system can be FAT or NTFS.
    /o
    Copies file ownership and discretionary access control list (DACL) information.
    /x
    Copies file audit settings and system access control list (SACL) information
    (implies /o).
    /exclude:filename1[+[filename2]][+[filename3]]
    Specifies a list of files containing strings.
    /y
    Suppresses prompting to confirm that you want to overwrite an existing
    destination file.
    /-y
    Prompts to confirm that you want to overwrite an existing destination file.
    /z
    Copies over a network in restartable mode.
    /?
    Displays help at the command prompt.
    Remarks
    Using /v
    Windows XP does not use this command. It is accepted only for compatibility
    with MS-DOS files.

    Using /exclude
    List each string in a separate line in each file. If any of the listed strings
    match any part of the absolute path of the file to be copied, that file is then
    excluded from the copying process. For example, if you specify the string
    "\Obj\", you exclude all files underneath the Obj directory. If you specify the
    string ".obj", you exclude all files with the .obj extension.

    Using /z
    If you lose your connection during the copy phase (for example, if the server
    going offline severs the connection), it resumes after you reestablish the
    connection. /z also displays the percentage of the copy operation completed for
    each file.

    Using /y in the COPYCMD environment variable
    You can use /y in the COPYCMD environment variable. You can override this
    command by using /-y on the command line. By default, you are prompted to
    overwrite, unless you run copy from within a batch script.

    Copying encrypted files
    Copying encrypted files to a volume that does not support EFS results in an
    error. Decrypt the files first or copy the files to a volume that does support
    EFS.

    Appending files
    To append files, specify a single file for destination, but multiple files for
    source (that is, by using wildcards or file1+file2+file3 format).

    Default value for Destination
    If you omit Destination, the xcopy command copies the files to the current
    directory.

    Specifying whether Destination is a file or directory
    If Destination does not contain an existing directory and does not end with a
    backslash (\), the following message appears:

    Does destination specify a file name
    or directory name on the target
    (F = file, D = directory)?

    Press F if you want the file or files to be copied to a file. Press D if you
    want the file or files to be copied to a directory.

    You can suppress this message by using the /i command-line option, which causes
    xcopy to assume that the destination is a directory if the source is more than
    one file or a directory.

    Using the xcopy command to set archive attribute for Destination files
    The xcopy command creates files with the archive attribute set, whether or not
    this attribute was set in the source file. For more information about file
    attributes and attrib, see Related Topics.

    Comparing xcopy and diskcopy
    If you have a disk that contains files in subdirectories and you want to copy
    it to a disk that has a different format, use the xcopy command instead of
    diskcopy. Because the diskcopy command copies disks track by track, your source
    and destination disks must have the same format. The xcopy command does not
    have this requirement. Use xcopy unless you need a complete disk image copy.

    Exit codes for xcopy
    To process exit codes returned by xcopy, use the errorlevel parameter on the if
    command line in a batch program. For an example of a batch program that
    processes exit codes using if, see Related Topics. The following table lists
    each exit code and a description.

    Exit code Description
    0 Files were copied without error.
    1 No files were found to copy.
    2 The user pressed CTRL+C to terminate xcopy.
    4 Initialization error occurred. There is not enough memory or disk space, or
    you entered an invalid drive name or invalid syntax on the command line.
    5 Disk write error occurred.

    Examples
    To copy all the files and subdirectories (including any empty subdirectories)
    from drive A to drive B, type:

    xcopy a: b: /s /e

    To include any system or hidden files in the previous example, add the/h
    command-line option as follows:

    xcopy a: b: /s /e /h

    To update files in the \Reports directory with the files in the \Rawdata
    directory that have changed since December 29, 1993, type:

    xcopy \rawdata \reports /d:12-29-1993

    To update all the files that exist in \Reports in the previous example,
    regardless of date, type:

    xcopy \rawdata \reports /u

    To obtain a list of the files to be copied by the previous command (that is,
    without actually copying the files), type:

    xcopy \rawdata \reports /d:12-29-1993 /l > xcopy.out

    The file Xcopy.out lists every file that is to be copied.

    To copy the \Customer directory and all subdirectories to the directory
    \\Public\Address on network drive H:, retain the read-only attribute, and be
    prompted when a new file is created on H:, type:

    xcopy \customer h:\public\address /s /e /k /p

    To issue the previous command, ensure that xcopy creates the \Address directory
    if it does not exist, and suppress the message that appears when you create a
    new directory, add the /i command-line option as follows:

    xcopy \customer h:\public\address /s /e /k /p /i

    You can create a batch program to perform xcopy operations and use the batch if
    command to process the exit code if an error occurs. For example, the following
    batch program uses replaceable parameters for the xcopy source and destination
    parameters:

    @echo off
    rem COPYIT.BAT transfers all files in all subdirectories of
    rem the source drive or directory (%1) to the destination

    rem drive or directory (%2)

    xcopy %1 %2 /s /e

    if errorlevel 4 goto lowmemory
    if errorlevel 2 goto abort
    if errorlevel 0 goto exit

    :lowmemory
    echo Insufficient memory to copy files or
    echo invalid drive or command-line syntax.
    goto exit

    :abort
    echo You pressed CTRL+C to end the copy operation.
    goto exit

    :exit

    To use this batch program to copy all files in the C:\Prgmcode directory and
    its subdirectories to drive B, type:

    copyit c:\prgmcode b:

    The command interpreter substitutes C:\Prgmcode for %1 and B: for %2, then uses
    xcopy with the /e and /s command-line options. If xcopy encounters an error,
    the batch program reads the exit code and goes to the label indicated in the
    appropriate IF ERRORLEVEL statement, then displays the appropriate message and
    exits from the batch program.

    Formatting legend
    Format Meaning
    Italic Information that the user must supply
    Bold Elements that the user must type exactly as shown
    Ellipsis (...) Parameter that can be repeated several times in a command line
    Between brackets ([]) Optional items
    Between braces ({}); choices separated by pipe (|). Example: {even|odd} Set of
    choices from which the user must choose only one
    Courier font Code or program output

    G. Morgan, Feb 18, 2008
  17. Tom Tricep

    Guest

    Tom Tricep <> wrote:

    >My OS is win 2000. I have attempted to rename the file, calling it
    >AVI, Calling it jpeg. It still will not copy or cut and paste.
    >
    >I think it may have to do with the files being associated with divx,
    >possibly they may be still associated with the divix program although
    >there is no indication that divx is running. This is really wierd.
    >
    >My task manager confirms that no programs are running at the time of
    >attempted transfer.

    If something is blocking the transfer it would be running, AUTORUNS
    will show everything running, and let you disable it.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
    --

    Run Ubuntu on top of windows, without a virtual machine
    www.andlinux.org/