    I am not sure from where to start.
    I have a file with .vcard extension to tranfer.
    Please provide some help and suggestions.

    Deepika, Apr 24, 2009

  2. Deepika

    Pavel A. Guest

    Deepika wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am trying to develop a Win32 OBEX client where i have to format the file
    > to be transferred using OBEX protocol.
    > I need to parse the OBEX header and transfer the file.
    > 1) First thing i want to know about its feasibility in Winodws XP.
    > 2) Secondly are there any API or libraries which can be used to develop the
    > client?
    > I am not sure from where to start.
    > I have a file with .vcard extension to tranfer.
    > Please provide some help and suggestions.

    Please use microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks
    - which is a development NG. (added)

    Regards,
    --pa

    Pavel A., Apr 27, 2009

  3. Deepika

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 24, 1:24 pm, Deepika <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am trying to develop a Win32 OBEX client where i have to format the file
    > to be transferred using OBEX protocol.
    > I need to parse the OBEX header and transfer the file.
    > 1) First thing i want to know about its feasibility in Winodws XP.
    > 2) Secondly are there any API or libraries which can  be used to develop the
    > client?
    > I am not sure from where to start.
    > I have a file with .vcard extension to tranfer.
    > Please provide some help and suggestions.

    OBEX protocol is a transfer protocol within the Bluetooth protocol
    stack. I know of four different protocol stacks for Bluetooth. Each
    have different functions and features.

    Widcomm / Broadcom
    IVT Bluesoleil
    Toshiba

    Microsoft Bluetooth (starting with SP2) -- Extremely limited due to
    Microsoft plans.

    Also, you must know OBEX is very popular with cellphones but several
    cell carriers purposely "turn off" the Bluetooth "features" of their
    "subsidized" cellphones. They wish to force their cell service
    subscribers to use their "cellphone service" minutes for most
    transfers. The carriers can charge an service fee for these
    transfers.

    Note: Subsidized cellphone == The true price for the cellphone is
    extremely discounted ($32.00) because the cell carrier will make up
    the difference on the service plans.

    smlunatick, Apr 27, 2009