    other.

    anybody help me
    (ps. I'm new to wireless ect)

    §kid®ow301²°°¾, Feb 19, 2006

  2. §kid®ow301²°°¾

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    1 MB/sec. B=Byte is 8Mb/sec. (b=bit) is very good performance when using
    802.11b. Using 802.11g Wireless, while the source and the client are one
    next to the other, should yield 18–20 Mb/sec. which is a transfer of 2–2.5
    MB/sec.

    It is not uncommon to get 1 MB/sec transfer if the Client is away from the
    source and or there is Wireless Obstructions/Noise in the environment.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 19, 2006

  3. sorry ... i should have said i'm on 802.11g , the wireless router is about
    25 feet away from both the pc's

    §kid®ow301²°°¾, Feb 20, 2006
  4. §kid®ow301²°°¾

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Well, id depends what this 25 feet is comprise of.
    You can get a frame of reference by putting temporarily one computer next to
    the Wireless Router and measure the transfer.

    Jack, Feb 20, 2006