    select it.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    docmill Guest

    "Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in

    > I bought a crossover cable/patch cable whatever you want to call it
    > RJ45 male to male to transfer files from my old notebook (windows xp)
    > to my new Dell dimension (windows xp) but I cant figure out how to set
    > it up. When I go
    > into the program, there is no selection for this type of cable
    > connection, there is a home network selection however it's greyed out,
    > not letting me select it.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You could revert to this, while everyone looks for more.

    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpdccin.htm

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message
    > I bought a crossover cable/patch cable whatever you want to call it RJ45
    > male to male to transfer files from my old notebook (windows xp) to my new
    > Dell dimension (windows xp) but I cant figure out how to set it up. When

    > go
    > into the program, there is no selection for this type of cable connection,
    > there is a home network selection however it's greyed out, not letting me
    > select it.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Simple, really. Get the network setup going between the two computers, then
    you can use it to do the transfer.

    My Computer / My Network Places / Set up a home or small office network.

    Bingo!

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 23, 2004