    the message cannot unzip to C: no dik in the drive (C represents my cd drive
    now

    Please help me convert to fat32 and label my hard drive as C:
    Trevor, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Trevor

    philo Guest

    "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    news:IzQrb.482$W%...
    > I Have just installed a new hard drive and booted the xp pro disc from cd
    > rom
    >
    > the only choice offered to me was format with NTFS so I did
    >
    > then i receive a message that no disc in drive c i pressed enter to

    continue
    > installation
    >
    > I have now found my hard drive is labelled local disk G:
    >
    > the problem is that any zip files cannot be unzipped with win zip i

    receive
    > the message cannot unzip to C: no dik in the drive (C represents my cd

    drive
    > now
    >
    > Please help me convert to fat32 and label my hard drive as C:

    set your harddrive as master
    and put it on the first ide channel

    now reinstall XP clean

    btw: once you get it installed you will not need to use winzip
    as XP has .zip capabilites built in

    additionally, any time you uszip a file it needs to be on a drive
    that can be written to...
    if you unzip from a cd...the folder it unzips to must be on the harddrive
    philo, Nov 10, 2003