    files on the HD with it, moved HD to the second PC and then synchronised
    files on that PC with files on the HD. Is that feasible?
    divoch

    divoch, May 10, 2006

  2. divoch

    old man Guest

    Assuming your talking about data files, I use Backer
    http://www.cordes-dev.com/

    "divoch" <> wrote in message
    > There is software around that will allow me to backup and then synchronise
    > this backup (manually or automatically) with the changing original. But,

    is
    > there software that would also facilitate synchronisation in the opposite
    > direction? What I have in mind is to have backup files on an external hard
    > disk and thus be able simply by moving the hard drive between desktop and
    > laptop to keep set of files, favorites and OE store in sync on both. If,

    for

    old man, May 10, 2006

  3. divoch

    Basil Fawlty Guest

    SyncBack ( www.syncback.com ) is very good.

    Basil Fawlty, May 10, 2006
  4. divoch

    divoch Guest

    "Basil Fawlty" <> wrote in message

    > "divoch" <> schreef in bericht
    >> There is software around that will allow me to backup and then
    >> synchronise
    >> this backup (manually or automatically) with the changing original. But,
    >> is
    >> there software that would also facilitate synchronisation in the opposite
    >> direction? What I have in mind is to have backup files on an external
    >> hard
    >> disk and thus be able simply by moving the hard drive between desktop and
    >> laptop to keep set of files, favorites and OE store in sync on both. If,
    >> for
    >> example, I would start with identical file sets on both computers and on
    >> the external HD, then made changes on one of the computers, synchronised
    >> files on the HD with it, moved HD to the second PC and then synchronised
    >> files on that PC with files on the HD. Is that feasible?
    >> divoch
    >>

    > SyncBack ( www.syncback.com ) is very good.

    Would SyncBack and/or Backer enable me to do what I described, i.e. keep
    data files on two PC in sync via external HD that I would move from one PC
    to the other and vice versa?
    divoch

    divoch, May 10, 2006
  5. divoch