    XP Pro SP3 is installed in both and I have 2GB in P4 Main computer and 1GB
    in laptop.
    TIA
    bardeban, Mar 3, 2009

  2. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    My Main Computer is wired to network and the laptop is wirelessly connected
    to network.

    bardeban, Mar 3, 2009

  3. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    I right click on C drive on my main computer, there is only one tab that is
    sharing and security. is that what you mean?

    bardeban, Mar 3, 2009
  4. bardeban

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:24:35 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    >I right click on C drive on my main computer, there is only one tab that is
    >sharing and security. is that what you mean?

    As you found out it's not SHARE, it's 'Sharing', and yes that's where
    floffy was aiming you at.

    From a google search using,
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,540,000 for
    windows xp file sharing
    .. (0.24 seconds)

    How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
    Describes the file sharing features in Windows XP and how to configure
    permissions for access to your files and folders.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040

    Windows XP Simple File Sharing
    Windows XP lets you share a computer's disks and folders with other
    computers on the network, using a method called Simple File Sharing. ...
    www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm

    Quick Guide to XP Simple File Sharing
    Obviously, you need either the Home or Professional version of Windows
    XP installed since Simple File Sharing is exclusive to XP. With the Home
    version, ...
    www.theeldergeek.com/quick_guide_to_simple_file_sharing.htm

    why?, Mar 3, 2009
  5. bardeban

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:25:02 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Sometimes I just want to shoot these damned top posters royally.

    Sometimes we (TINW) just want to shoot you.
    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2009
  6. bardeban

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:25:02 -0500, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Sometimes I just want to shoot these damned top posters royally.

    > Sometimes we (TINW) just want to shoot you.

    Sometimes we wish you'd be shot some years ago.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Mar 3, 2009
  7. bardeban

    catchme Guest

    bardeban wrote:
    > I have my main P4 XP Pro and a XP Pro Laptop that are in same network. I can
    > use them independently any time.
    > There are many files that are in my main P4 computer and I want to be able
    > to use them in my laptop. How could I do that?
    > XP Pro SP3 is installed in both and I have 2GB in P4 Main computer and 1GB
    > in laptop.
    > TIA

    well one should wonder, huh?
    the very foundation upon which the internet was built, was in response
    to the need for legitimate file sharing....
    catchme, Mar 4, 2009