    What I'm trying to do now is to share files between the computers.

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    -Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBIEdvb2RmZWxsb3c=?=, Apr 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBIEdvb2RmZWxsb3c=?=

    Malke Guest

    Michael A Goodfellow wrote:

    > I have a peer-to-peer wireless network between two computers set up in
    > both Windows and the wireless access point software.
    >
    > What I'm trying to do now is to share files between the computers.
    >
    > Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    > -Thanks

    Since you haven't told us what Windows operating systems (and versions
    if XP) the computers are running, here are some general instructions:

    Assuming some version of XP Service Pack 2 - Run the Network Setup
    Wizard on both computers, making sure to enable File & Printer Sharing,
    and reboot. The only "gotcha" is that this will turn on the XPSP2
    Windows Firewall. If you aren't running a third-party firewall or have
    an antivirus with "Internet Worm Protection" (like Norton 2005/06)
    which acts as a firewall, then you're fine. If you have third-party
    firewall software, configure it to allow the Local Area Network traffic
    as trusted. I usually do this with my firewalls with an IP range. Ex.
    would be 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254. Obviously you would substitute your
    correct subnet.

    Shared Documents folder.

    Here are some other links to help if the above isn't enough:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    http://www.wown.info/
    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html - Jack, MVP