File Sharing with Wireless N Portable Router & WiFi Range Extender

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Geekoid, Mar 11, 2011.

  1. Geekoid

    Geekoid Guest

    I'm having trouble setting up a wireless network and have tried
    everything, so if someone can provide the steps, I would appreciate
    it.

    I am using a Cradlepoint CTR35 Wireless N Portable Router with a
    Verizon 4G USB modem attached and a Netgear WN2000RPT WiFi Range
    Extender. I have 3 computers all with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. 2
    computers can connect to the wireless broadcast by the CTR and the 3rd
    can assess the wireless broadcast of the range extender. I've tried
    setting up a Homegroup but the 3rd computer can't access any of the
    files shared on computer 1, even though computer 1 shows up in the
    network and password sharing is turned off. All computers have the
    same time and are Home networks

    I've also tried it without the homegroup but computers 2 & 3 can
    access the shared files on computer 1 only temporarily, then their
    wireless connections show "no internet access" and the network
    disappears.

    What is the best way to set this up?

    Geekoid, Mar 11, 2011