    4. The problem is connecting computers 3 & 4 (the only 2 running XP Pro!).
    They see each other on the windows network and in Network Magic, but are both
    “inaccessible†to each other. Nothing I’ve tried has worked. Please help!

    bizymom333, Mar 22, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Yml6eW1vbTMzMw==?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > I’m having file sharing/connection problems. I have 4 computers
    > (3 wireless) set up on the same Windows workgroup, all running
    > VCOM System Suite 7 (firewall/anti-virus) and Network Magic is
    > also installed on all 4. Computer #1 is hard-wired to a Linksys
    > WRT55AG router and is running XP Home SP3. Computer #2 is running
    > XP Pro SP3 and connects via Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter.
    > Computer #3 is also running XP Pro SP3 and connects via D-Link
    > WDA-1320 Desktop Adapter. Computer #4 is a laptop running Vista
    > Home Premium SP1 and connects via Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG.
    > Only computers 1 and 2 have shared printers attached. All 4
    > computers can connect to the internet without problem. Computers
    > 1 & 4 can access all computers and both printers. Computer 2 can
    > access computer 1 and both printers as well as computer 4.
    > Computer 3 can access computer 1 and printer and also computer 4.
    > The problem is connecting computers 3 & 4 (the only 2 running XP
    > Pro!).

    Confusing. Earlier you said that computer 4 was running Vista... and
    in the sentence before, you state that Computer 3 can access [...]
    computer 4.

    > They see each other on the windows network and in Network
    > Magic, but are both “inaccessible†to each other. Nothing
    > I’ve tried has worked. Please help!

    Verify that Simple File Sharing is enabled on the XP Pro machines...
    Double-click any folder -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View Tab ->
    Last checkbox at the bottom.

    HTH,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Mar 23, 2009

  3. bizymom333

    bizymom333 Guest

    My bad. I meant 2 and 3 aren't connecting. Originally Simple File Sharing
    was enabled on both and it didn't work. Then I read somewhere else to
    disable it on both and that didn't work either.

    bizymom333, Mar 23, 2009
  4. bizymom333

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi