    and re-joined workgroups. the Netbios over IP is seleced. The windows
    firewall has an exception for File and Print Sharing

    Suggestions?

    Dan, Oct 10, 2008

  2. What do you receive if using net view \\problematicpcipaddress from other
    computers? Also what's the result of net share in the problematic pc?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 11, 2008

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Net Use, Net View seem to show all shares as long as I use the IP address.
    If I use the computer name, I get an error
    Dan

    Dan, Oct 12, 2008
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I can map a drive to the other computer if I use the IP address rather than
    the computer name. Sounds like name resolution is not working
    Dan

    Dan, Oct 12, 2008
  5. Correct. This is name resolution issue. Have you enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP?
    Or posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 13, 2008