    Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
    permission. The network path was not found.". I need help to access and
    share files and printers among the computer. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Dear James,

    If you get a helpful answer to this, I would sure like to know about it. I
    have the same problem and I have asked techies from here to the North Pole,
    combed the posts, etc, and have found nothing useful. I can ping and search
    the computers on my network using IP addresses just fine. But the
    "automatic" and very handy Network Neighborhood, or whatever Microsoft calls
    it these days, is simply non-functional. And the oddest thing about this is
    that the experienced tech people seem to respond as if they had never
    encountered such a problem. How can it be? is their general response.

    Good luck,

    Les

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVhbGNv?=, Jan 8, 2006

  3. Same problem James. Wish I could offer a solution. I've tried everything and
    going nuts with no solution.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2tib3Q=?=, Jan 9, 2006
  4. I had the same problem - the problem is with a missing protocol. Try this:

    Windows 2000

    <Note: If you have an XP computer on your network please see our area about
    file and printer sharing for Windows XP>

    Starting from the desktop:

    1. Go to My Computer > Control Panel

    2. Double click on Network and Dial - Up Connections

    3. You should see Local Area Connection or something similar. If you're not
    sure which network card you're using select each Local Area Connection(s) and
    follow step

    4. Click Properties

    5. You should have the following:

    *Client for Microsoft Networks

    *File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

    *Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

    *NetBEUI

    *IPx/SPx

    If you don't have NetBEUI or IPx /SPx please go to Step 6, else please go to
    step 7

    6. Next click Install and select the protocol that needs to be added:

    NetBEUI

    IPx/SPx Compatible Protocol

    7. Click Close and Close again

    8. This will bring you back to “Control Panelâ€. Double click on System

    9. This will bring up the "System Properties" Window, you'll be on the
    General Tab, click the Network Identification tab.

    10. Click Properties

    11. Check to be sure that the computer name you're using is a unque name on
    the network, and workgroup is set, not domain. Now make sure that this
    computer has the same Workgroup as the rest of the network.

    Windows XP

    To setup a network in Windows XP, you'll need to run the networking wizard
    in Windows XP you can access it by going to:

    Start> Control Panel> Network Connections (If you do not see “Network
    Connections†click on the Switch to Classic View option on the left hand side
    of Control Panel).

    On the left side you'll see "Network Tasks"

    Click on the option for Setup a Home or Small Office Network

    This will bring you to a wizard.

    Select the option for Connecting to Residential Gateway (That's the router).

    Once the wizard is finished you'll have to make a floppy disk that you'll
    take around to the other computers to set them up. After you set them all up,
    shut down all the computers, and then start them up and you should be able to
    share files.

    Please Note:

    If you're using Windows 98/ME and try to access a Windows 2000/XP PC then
    you may not be able to access the shared portions of the Windows 2000/XP
    computer due to user right restrictions. To get around this you may want to
    have the Window 2000/XP PC access the files from the 98/ME machine. Else
    you'll need to setup User permissions.
    For more information on that you can check Microsoft’s website or contact
    their technical support.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?=, Jan 11, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Snow Bear Guest

    I had the same problem on my Linksys wireless network. For me it was
    not a missing protocol, but AEGIS IEEE 802.1x protocol was selected.
    By unchecking the AEGIS protocol on ALL the computers, it worked. To
    see if this is selected or not press the following:
    [Start]
    [Control Panel]
    [Network Connections]
    then right click on your network, then left click [Properties].
    Scroll down the list. If small box next to AEGIS is check, click on
    the small box to uncheck it.

    Then reboot and test.

    Good Luck - I hope this solved your conflict.
    Snow Bear, Jan 12, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    geoffschultz

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Solution #4 worked for me

    After spending lots and lots of time trying various solutions posted in multiple forums I tried the solution listed in #4 and it worked. I have XP Pro w/SP2 and I wasn't quite presented with the options listed there. I didn't have NetBEUI active and it wasn't listed as a protocol that I could install. However, I did install IPx/SPx and reran the Network Setup Wizard. After that all was well. I don't really understand what happened, but I no longer get the Network Path Not Found errors.

    -- Geoff
    geoffschultz, Aug 24, 2006