    Not enough server storage is available to process this command. I've modified
    my firewall settings to enable file and printer sharing. What else could or
    should I do?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYw==?=, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Greetings Marc,

    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to. It's not on
    the machine you see the error message. On the computer you are connecting,
    check the Event Viewer for an Event ID 2011. If so, you need to fix the
    IRPStackSize that is indicated in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    Article. Norton Antivirus can cause this to happen.

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177078

    _________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Eric Cross [MVP], Apr 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Marc wrote:

    > I've got 2 computer's, one is a desktop, the other a laptop. I've got
    > internet acces through cable modem connected to my linksys wireless
    > router. My desktop is connected by cable to the router, my laptop,
    > wireless. I set up a home network through windows Home XP sp2. I
    > enabled file & printer sharing on both computers. From my desktop, I'm
    > able to open laptop shared folder, but not the other way around. From
    > my laptop, I'm able to print and see through my network places both
    > computers, and when I click on my desktop, I do see the shared folder,
    > but when I clik on it, I get the following meesage: Not enough server
    > storage is available to process this command. I've modified my
    > firewall settings to enable file and printer sharing. What else could
    > or should I do?

    Thanks and credit to MVP Hans-George Michna:

    This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
    machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
    attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

    Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
    back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

    1. Start regedit.
    2. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
    exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.

    Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
    this, too:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177078

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Thank you, It did resolve my problem (bug).

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYw==?=, Apr 5, 2005