    Home. I am having difficulty setting up my file sharing. I am unclear
    about the Firewall port changing in Windows Firewall. I run Symantec
    Firewall protection.
    mjt, Oct 9, 2008

  2. mjt

    Eric Cross Guest

    Hello, If you haven't already I suggest you review this TechNet article.

    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Eric Cross, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Hi
    Maybe this can Help, How I set my software Firewall to allow free traffic
    between my Network’s computers.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
    In general.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 10, 2008
  4. mjt

    mjt Guest

    Thanks Eric, I am one step closer to accomplishing this. I am able to view
    by Desktop files from my Laptop, but I still have to get it where I can view
    my laptop files from my desktop. I ran out of time last night so I will pick
    it back up over the weekend and see if I can set that up, if I have more
    troubles I will be in touch.

    Myra(mjt)

    mjt, Oct 10, 2008
  5. mjt

    mjt Guest

    Thanks Jack, I am one step closer to accomplishing this. I am able to view

    mjt, Oct 10, 2008