    Apple, and also possible sharing the printers (HP LaserJet 1010 and Canon
    i865 inkjet) as well that are connected to the main PC.

    Any help is advising the setup will be highly appreciated.

    RAM, Mar 6, 2005

  2. RAM

    ::SteveL:: Guest

    RAM wrote:
    > I have a Desktop PC and a PowerBook laptop. Have a Netgear DG834G Wireless
    > Router with 2MB Broadband. The PC is connected via ethernet to the router
    > and happily connects to the internet, etc.
    >
    > The PowerBook has a wireless card built in and that also happily can access
    > the wireless network and share the internet.
    >
    > The Desktop is running Windows XP Home Sp2 and the Apple is running latest
    > OS X 10.3
    >
    > I now want file sharing so I can transfer files between the PC and the
    > Apple, and also possible sharing the printers (HP LaserJet 1010 and Canon
    > i865 inkjet) as well that are connected to the main PC.
    >
    > Any help is advising the setup will be highly appreciated.

    Go into the network preferences on the Mac, and in the Sharing tab turn
    on Windows sharing.
    Add a user to the Mac and the PC that you can log in to each as.

    ::SteveL::, Mar 6, 2005

  3. RAM

    Spider Guest

    I'll point you to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.mspx and let you
    browse the hits you will get if you type in, share files Apple, in the
    search box. If Apple has a similar knowledge base, I'd go there and search
    as well. Come up with a couple of other search variants like, network Apple
    WindowsXP, etc. etc. until you find what you need.

    --

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/