file sharing between computers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by LE Hallas, Wakeshire Off, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have a linksys WAP between a main desktop and a laptop in the other room.
    The Linksys seems to be working fine as both computers connect to the
    internet.

    However, I took my laptop out of town and must have messed up the
    configuration....

    ....cause while it still connects to the internet...I can NOT seem to share
    files between the two computers.

    In other words, when I go to EXPLORER (I have xp)...then NETWORK...then
    ENTIRE NETWORK....then MICROSOFT WINDOWS NETWORK...I do not see the icon for
    my desktop (and of course, vica versus from my desktop to the laptop).

    I must be brain dead...it worked fine, but there must be some type of
    configuration I messed up and now must reconfigure.

    Many thanks,

    Larry
    LE Hallas, Wakeshire Off, Jun 5, 2004

  2. LE Hallas, Wakeshire Off

    Hywel Guest

    In article <AH8wc.24290$>, LE Hallas,
    Wakeshire Off says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a linksys WAP between a main desktop and a laptop in the other room.
    > The Linksys seems to be working fine as both computers connect to the
    > internet.
    >
    > However, I took my laptop out of town and must have messed up the
    > configuration....
    >
    > ...cause while it still connects to the internet...I can NOT seem to share
    > files between the two computers.
    >
    > In other words, when I go to EXPLORER (I have xp)...then NETWORK...then
    > ENTIRE NETWORK....then MICROSOFT WINDOWS NETWORK...I do not see the icon for
    > my desktop (and of course, vica versus from my desktop to the laptop).
    >
    > I must be brain dead...it worked fine, but there must be some type of
    > configuration I messed up and now must reconfigure.

    Are they in the same workgroup?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/