    I'm looking for a simple file search utility that will find TIF images
    at or above a specific resolution. Can anyone recommend something?

    Thanks, Ed

    epfromer, Mar 17, 2005

  2. epfromer

    Scott W Guest

    In Windows XP you can put of the Dimensions column in File Explorer,
    you can then sort based on the photo dimensions (I think it will sort
    based on width.

    So you can start by searching for all tiff files and then sorting from
    largest to smallest.

    BTW to add a column in File Explorer you right click at the top of the
    columns then choose more and then Dimensions.

    I hope this helps.

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 17, 2005

  3. epfromer

    epfromer Guest

    Thanks Scott - I'm doing that now, but I'm dealing with a population of
    over 5 million TIFs and need a more efficient searching mechanism.

    epfromer, Mar 17, 2005
  4. epfromer

    Scott W Guest

    epfromer wrote:
    > Thanks Scott - I'm doing that now, but I'm dealing with a population

    of
    > over 5 million TIFs and need a more efficient searching mechanism.

    You can probably limit the search greatly if you put a lower limit on
    the file size, I would think that most of the large tiff files would
    also be larger files.

    5 million TIFs is a lot of files, what are you National Geographic or
    something?

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 17, 2005
  5. epfromer

    epfromer Guest

    I too thought a size limit on the files would help hone the search, but
    I've actually got large dimensioned files that are quite small in total
    size.

    We are a law firm with lots of scanned documents.

    epfromer, Mar 17, 2005
  6. epfromer

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    epfromer <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a simple file search utility that will find TIF images
    > at or above a specific resolution. Can anyone recommend something?

    I hate to sound like an ad for iView Media Pro (since I keep mentioning
    it on this newsgroup), but it lets you do a search by height or width,
    including greater than or equal to.

    Paul Mitchum, Mar 17, 2005
  7. epfromer

    Guest

    epfromer wrote:

    > Thanks Scott - I'm doing that now, but I'm dealing with a population

    of
    > over 5 million TIFs and need a more efficient searching mechanism.

    This is completely unstructured? No database at all? If so, you have
    deeper problems.

    http://www.blackperl.com/Image::Size/

    My condolences if you are working with Windoze.

    , Mar 18, 2005