    I get the error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source
    file or disk"

    Driving me nuts, please help....

    Guest, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Guest

    Smoker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a file I saved from an email for later read.
    > Now I cannot delete it, move it or rename it.
    > I get the error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source
    > file or disk"
    >
    > Driving me nuts, please help....

    Restart in Safe Mode and try it. There are various ways to do this if that
    doesn't work. Some are lengthy so do a search on Google.

    Smoker, Jan 26, 2007

  3. Guest

    Ronnie Kray Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a file I saved from an email for later read.
    > Now I cannot delete it, move it or rename it.
    > I get the error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source
    > file or disk"
    >
    > Driving me nuts, please help....

    What exactly was the "file"?
    Where did you save it to?

    Ronnie Kray, Jan 26, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The file has no extension and I saved it to my desktop.
    Also I tried to delete it in safe mode and that doesn't work either.

    Guest, Jan 26, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I got it.

    Guest, Jan 26, 2007
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I came back?????????

    Guest, Jan 26, 2007
  7. <> wrote in message
    <>...

    > I got it.

    Syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, crabs, penile warts?

    Solag the vegetarian-acetifier, Jan 26, 2007
  8. Guest

    Smoker Guest

    Thanks for telling us what worked.

    Smoker, Jan 26, 2007
  9. =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= <>
    wrote in message <3Inuh.7784$2n.5757@trndny06>...

    > On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:14:26 +1030, Solag the vegetarian-acetifier
    > wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> <>...
    >>
    >>> I got it.
    >>>

    >> Syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, crabs, penile warts?

    > Why are you crossposting you asinine banalities here, Assy McGee?

    I take it "here" is where you happen to be sitting right now. That would
    probably be in your filthy, rat-infested, cockroach-riddled lounge room, eh,
    you fucking gormless tit. You're one of those fucking freaks who think some
    people you correspond with on usenet are shitting on your fucking carpet,
    hey.

    Linul the bedpan-complainer, Jan 26, 2007
  10. Guest

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Troubled - From my Blog, Defending Your Machine, addy below in my
    Signature:

    Sometimes the tools below will find files which they are unable to delete
    because they are in use.

    A program called Copylock, here, http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc can
    aid in the process of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many
    files which are currently in use (e.g. system files like comctl32.dll, or
    virus/trojan files.)"

    Another is Killbox by Option Explicit, Beta version available here:
    http://www.killbox.net/downloads/beta/KillBox.exe Overview directions are
    available here: http://www.killbox.net/help.html#Top Read carefully - this
    tool is quite powerful.

    A third which is a bit different but often very useful is Delete Invalid
    File, here: http://www.purgeie.com/delinv.htm which handles invalid/UNC
    file/folder name deleting, rather than the in use problem.

    A fourth useful program is Unlocker, here:
    ..http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ " Simply right click the folder or file
    and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of
    lockers will appear. Simply select the lockers and click Unlock and you are
    done!" Works as advertised and is particularly helpful in identifying
    malware components which are 'protecting' each other.

    A fifth is FileASSASSIN, here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin.php
    "FileASSASSIN can delete locked malware files on your system. It uses
    advanced techniques to unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate
    processes to allow the removal of the file."

    See if any of these help, and let us know how you make out.

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MVP, DTS, ASVOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine,

    In news:,
    <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Jan 26, 2007
  11. Guest

    doS Guest

    set your clock fcwit

    doS, Mar 13, 2007
  12. Guest

    ProfGene Guest

    ProfGene, Mar 13, 2007
  13. Guest

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:55:03 -0600, ProfGene <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I have a file I saved from an email for later read.
    >> Now I cannot delete it, move it or rename it.
    >> I get the error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source
    >> file or disk"
    >>
    >> Driving me nuts, please help....
    >>

    >You should give more information like what is the format of the file? It
    >might be spyware which is usually why files can't be moved and you have
    >to use a good anti-spyware program to get rid of it.

    Pegasus email?

    Lookout, Mar 17, 2007