    Plain non-tech language please.
    THANKS
    KEN
    Ken, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Ken

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Ken

    Buffalo Guest

    "Ken" ...
    > How do I re-install file 'C\:WINDOWS\IEDLL.EXE' which is said to be
    > corrupt.
    > Plain non-tech language please.
    > THANKS
    > KEN

    This is a partial COPY of a post by PA Bear:

    "Read the latest about this constantly changing hijacker:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/0903/3.php

    A Removal Tool: CWS Shredder
    (unzip and follow the prompts)

    NB: CWS Shredder is constantly updated to reflect new variants. Get the
    updated tool before each use.

    So it doesn't come back, you must run HijackThis which will identify the
    RunOnce entry which can then be deleted.

    e.g.: O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [win32] c:\program files\winsrv32.exe

    Using HijackThis: http://snurl.com/1vf8

    Make certain your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date and run a full
    system scan frequently (always after downloading new definitions).
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)"

    Buffalo