File & Printer Sharing also died

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gWg==?=, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. I have been reading the various threads on file & printer sharing and have
    not been able to fix my problem.

    I have a desktop with xp (sp2) and a wireles laptop with xp (sp2) and they
    are connected by a Linksys router. Until two weeks ago I had dial up
    internet and used the network to share my printer.

    I added WildBlue to the mix and I haven't been able to share my files or
    printer since. Internet share perfectly.

    I have tried all the tricks posted here and some form various websites. The
    computers will ping each other. Windows Firewall is disabled. Mcafee
    Firewall is configured to allow the IP's of both computers. The routers
    filewall is set the same way.

    I get the "you do not have permission" message when I try to view the shared
    folders via network neighborhood. I have removed and added back file and
    printer sharing. I have shared, unshared and shared again the folders I want
    and I still cannot get it to work.

    Thanks for any help!

    Brian

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gWg==?=, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Hi Brian,

    I have endured lots of problems, too, with the XP file and settings
    transfer. They tried to help me from Microsoft but I finally asked them to
    stop as it did not help. At the end of the day I used Laplink PC mover and
    that helped me transfer all my files.
    Not sure if this answer can or will help you....

    Best regards,
    --
    Cath999

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2F0aDk5OQ==?=, Jun 14, 2006