    couldn't find the answer.

    --
    Remove "DELANY" from address to reply by e-mail.

    Babel17, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Babel17

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:26:06 GMT, "Babel17"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a way in Windows XP Home to password protect a single file, such as
    >a Word document? I want a password to have to be typed in when one clicks
    >on a document, before it will open. I looked in Windows "Help" but
    >couldn't find the answer.

    MS Word does that. Look there instead of in windows.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Thanks, Jim !
    It worked.
    I didn't think of looking within WORD itself.

    Babel17DELANY, Sep 18, 2004
  4. Babel17

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:37:56 GMT, "Babel17DELANY"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, Jim !
    >It worked.
    >I didn't think of looking within WORD itself.

    It provides a reasonable level of protection against casual
    users, however don't think it provides total security against
    the determined.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Sep 19, 2004
  5. I'm sure it doesn't. I keep important stuff encrypted, but this is one file
    that I have to get to often and quickly.

    Babel17DELANY, Sep 19, 2004
  6. Babel17

    Eric Guest

    If you are looking software to hide a folder or password peotect a program,
    check this.
    http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/security/dataprotection.html

    Eric, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Thanks!
    I'll study the description of the program.

    Babel17DELANY, Sep 21, 2004