    Also I would like to rename all the mp3s so they have their bitrate at the
    beginning for example "Good Song 01.mp3" becomes "[320]Good Song 01.mp3"

    All help appreciated.
    -[Myth]-, Jan 27, 2004

  2. -[Myth]-

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:12:41 +1300, in article
    <>, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > I have a huge mess of different files in lots of subfolders etc. I would
    > like to organise these by moving for example all the zip files into one
    > folder, all the mp3s into another. Can anyone suggest a good way/program to
    > do this?

    1. If your OS is Windows, search the subfolders for *.zip files.
    Then in the search window select all files (click one then Ctrl+A),
    cut, and paste into your destination folder for zip files.

    Repeat for mp3.

    2. find . -name '*.zip' -exec mv -i -- {} ~/zipfiles/. \;

    Repeat for mp3.

    You didn't say whether you had too many file types to do each type
    one by one.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
    Ralph Fox, Jan 27, 2004

  3. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:08:30 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:12:41 +1300, in article
    > <>, -[Myth]- wrote:
    >
    >> I have a huge mess of different files in lots of subfolders etc. I would
    >> like to organise these by moving for example all the zip files into one
    >> folder, all the mp3s into another. Can anyone suggest a good way/program to
    >> do this?

    > 1. If your OS is Windows, search the subfolders for *.zip files.
    > Then in the search window select all files (click one then Ctrl+A),
    > cut, and paste into your destination folder for zip files.
    >
    > Repeat for mp3.
    >
    > 2. find . -name '*.zip' -exec mv -i -- {} ~/zipfiles/. \;
    >
    > Repeat for mp3.
    >

    > You didn't say whether you had too many file types to do each type
    > one by one.

    Thanks
    that works well, I forgot I had cygwin on my drive, UNIX commands are much
    more powerful than the windows equivilents
    -[Myth]-, Jan 27, 2004
  4. -[Myth]-

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:15:39 +1300, in article
    <>, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > Thanks

    You're welcome.

    > that works well, I forgot I had cygwin on my drive, UNIX commands are much
    > more powerful than the windows equivilents

    Absolutely.
    Ralph Fox, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Ralph Fox <-echo.invalid> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:15:39 +1300, in article
    > <>, -[Myth]- wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks

    > You're welcome.
    >
    > > that works well, I forgot I had cygwin on my drive, UNIX commands are much
    > > more powerful than the windows equivilents

    > Absolutely.

    Try out Services for Unix 3.5 some time
    http://microsoft.com/windows/sfu/

    its free and heaps faster than cygwin