    Example 3. my file name

    Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name files on
    windows xp os?

    George, Feb 13, 2005

  2. George

    John Holmes Guest

    "George" <> wrote in
    news:420f531d$:

    > How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use hyphenated
    > names or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    >
    > Example 1. My File Name
    > Example 2. My_file_name
    > Example 3. my file name
    >
    > Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name files
    > on windows xp os?

    I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.

    --
    - John Holmes -

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Feb 13, 2005

  3. George

    Aquila Deus Guest

    George wrote:
    > How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use hyphenated

    names
    > or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    >
    > Example 1. My File Name
    > Example 2. My_file_name
    > Example 3. my file name
    >
    > Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name files

    on
    > windows xp os?

    I use My File Name only for fonts and books. All other files are
    MyFileName or my-file-name.

    Aquila Deus, Feb 13, 2005
  4. George

    Aquila Deus Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > "George" <> wrote in
    >
    > > How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use

    hyphenated
    > > names or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    > >
    > > Example 1. My File Name
    > > Example 2. My_file_name
    > > Example 3. my file name
    > >
    > > Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name

    files
    > > on windows xp os?
    > >

    > I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.

    LOL!

    You mis-understood wtf he's talking about, dumb-ass :D

    Aquila Deus, Feb 13, 2005
  5. George

    Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:16:20 -0000, "George" <> wrote:

    |> How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use hyphenated names
    |> or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    |>
    |> Example 1. My File Name
    |> Example 2. My_file_name
    |> Example 3. my file name

    My_File_Name.

    It's a habit, it works with any O/S, older programs have no problem with
    it, and I multi-boot and don't have to add " " in my paths.

    |> Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name files on
    |> windows xp os?

    No, not under XP.

    --

    , Feb 13, 2005
  6. George

    Aquila Deus Guest

    wrote:

    > |> How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use

    hyphenated names
    > |> or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    > |>
    > |> Example 1. My File Name
    > |> Example 2. My_file_name
    > |> Example 3. my file name
    >
    > My_File_Name.
    >
    > It's a habit, it works with any O/S, older programs have no problem

    with
    > it, and I multi-boot and don't have to add " " in my paths.
    >
    > |> Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name

    files on
    > |> windows xp os?
    >
    > No, not under XP.

    Yes, of course!! If you use the unix subsystem and enable
    case-sensitivity in registry, File_Name will be different from
    file_name in SFU! Also, the 8.3 filename created automatically omits
    all whitespaces but not the "_".

    Aquila Deus, Feb 13, 2005
  7. George

    George Guest

    "Aquila Deus" <> wrote in message
    > George wrote:
    >> How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use hyphenated

    > names
    >> or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    >>
    >> Example 1. My File Name
    >> Example 2. My_file_name
    >> Example 3. my file name
    >>
    >> Are there any real differences that matter in the way you name files

    > on
    >> windows xp os?

    > I use My File Name only for fonts and books. All other files are
    > MyFileName or my-file-name.

    Thanks

    George, Feb 13, 2005
  8. George

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:16:20 -0000, "George" <> wrote:
    |
    ||> How do most people name file names on their pc? Do you use hyphenated
    names
    ||> or do you use ordinary names with spaces as follows.
    ||>
    ||> Example 1. My File Name
    ||> Example 2. My_file_name
    ||> Example 3. my file name
    |
    | My_File_Name.
    |
    | It's a habit, it works with any O/S, older programs have no problem with
    | it, and I multi-boot and don't have to add " " in my paths.

    I agree. Easy to read, and consistency is good. Plus, using the underscore
    then allows the use of hypens for dates:

    My_Journal_Entry_02-13-2005 (or if you're not on the US side of the
    world...My_Journal_Entry_13-02-2005 <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 13, 2005
  9. George

    George Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message

    > names

    > | My_File_Name.
    > |
    > | It's a habit, it works with any O/S, older programs have no problem with
    > | it, and I multi-boot and don't have to add " " in my paths.
    > |
    > I agree. Easy to read, and consistency is good. Plus, using the underscore
    > then allows the use of hypens for dates:
    >
    > My_Journal_Entry_02-13-2005 (or if you're not on the US side of the
    > world...My_Journal_Entry_13-02-2005 <g>)

    Hi Tim,
    What do you meanby " using the underscore

    George, Feb 14, 2005
  10. George

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> names

    >> | My_File_Name.
    >> |
    >> | It's a habit, it works with any O/S, older programs have no problem
    >> with
    >> | it, and I multi-boot and don't have to add " " in my paths.
    >> |
    >> I agree. Easy to read, and consistency is good. Plus, using the
    >> underscore
    >> then allows the use of hypens for dates:
    >>
    >> My_Journal_Entry_02-13-2005 (or if you're not on the US side of the
    >> world...My_Journal_Entry_13-02-2005 <g>)

    > Hi Tim,
    > What do you meanby " using the underscore
    >> then allows the use of hypens for dates:".

    Look at the examples I gave:

    >> My_Journal_Entry_02-13-2005 (or if you're not on the US side of the
    >> world...My_Journal_Entry_13-02-2005 <g>)

    The 'underscore' is the line between "My" and "Journal". The 'hypen' is the
    dash between "02" and "13".

    Toolman Tim, Feb 14, 2005