File menu in Explorer disappeared

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Regh, Aug 21, 2006.

  1. Alex Regh

    Alex Regh Guest

    Hi there!

    Just noticed that it seems my file menu in explorer disappeared -- and with it, among
    other things, the ability to make new directories. Instead of the old menu, I now
    have

    Create Shortcut
    Rename
    Properties
    (Folder or file name with > leading to the right-click menu)
    Close

    Using the dos-prompt and md to make new folders is not exactly the most convenient
    way to do it, so does anybody have any idea where the menue disappeared to and how to
    get it back?

    OS is W2K SP4 English, and I did not install anything since yesterday, when it still
    was OK.

    Thanks,
    Alex
    --