  1. sue

    sue Guest

    Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a directory?

    sue, Jun 4, 2005

  2. sue

    ScareCrow Guest

    Yeh, it's called windows.

    ScareCrow, Jun 4, 2005

  3. FolderPrint3.32 worked famously in Win98 and also in WinXP if
    you copy and paste the path when FolderPrint requires it. I
    see someone has updated it, but I have not tried it.

    http://www.homestead.com/algor/

    I didn't like Karen's Directory Print, but your mileage may
    vary.....;o)

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jun 4, 2005
  4. sue

    WormWood Guest

    Hit the 'Start' button and open Windows Explorer.

    WormWood, Jun 4, 2005
  5. sue

    sue Guest

    Sorry... and save the contents to a text file?

    sue, Jun 4, 2005
  6. sue

    GeorgeD Guest

    sue wrote:

    > Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a directory?

    Try ExplorerXP, www.explorerxp.com. It can copy file information as
    text. It is freeware. Filemonkey is another alternative.

    GeorgeD, Jun 5, 2005
  7. sue

    James Guest

    "sue" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a program that will list all the names of the files in a
    > directory?

    Go to start> RUN

    type COMMAND

    go to the directoty you want listed (cd c:\my music\mp3s\) etc...

    type DIR > list.txt

    open list.txt in any text editor.

    VOILA... list of directory

    James, Jun 5, 2005