    site? Yes id store it with IHUG but they are out of date on their pricing and I
    have to pay like everybody else these days :-(.

    Tim.

    KaTnDaHaT, Apr 8, 2005

  2. KaTnDaHaT

    EMB Guest

    KaTnDaHaT wrote:
    > Hey guys.
    >
    > I want to host some family real video files for my website, have looked around
    > a number of places like xdrive.com etc but they dont provide an easy url link
    > to cut and paste. Have tried a few FTP storage sites and they are too slow.
    > Dont want to pay that much and want to store up to 100megs. Any suggestions,
    > anybody using a service they rate that provides a simple URL to add to my web
    > site? Yes id store it with IHUG but they are out of date on their pricing and I
    > have to pay like everybody else these days :-(.

    What about signing up with a hosting plan with someone like
    kiwihosting.net $70 odd per year will get you 200MB space and 4GB/month
    traffic - and they support sites without a domain name. I'm using them
    for a couple of sites and they seem to be ok.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 8, 2005

  3. EMB wrote:
    > What about signing up with a hosting plan with someone like
    > kiwihosting.net $70 odd per year will get you 200MB space and 4GB/month
    > traffic - and they support sites without a domain name. I'm using them
    > for a couple of sites and they seem to be ok.

    Im surprised that there are so many with limits still, especially when
    I'd imagine that most kiwi sites would have mostly kiwi traffic, and so
    "free", well, a lot cheaper.

    mine costs me $20 a month, and I use ~10Gbyte/month, and I have
    unlimited traffic and ~unlimited space...
    by ~unlimited I mean I officially have 1Gbyte, but it is not a hard
    limit, and I often(read: always) am over that limit.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 8, 2005
  4. KaTnDaHaT

    maz Guest

    They use US servers. You would be far better to look for a NZ hosted option,
    where download speeds and response times are quicker.

    maz, Apr 8, 2005
  5. KaTnDaHaT

    EMB Guest

    maz wrote:
    > They use US servers. You would be far better to look for a NZ hosted option,
    > where download speeds and response times are quicker.

    I'll agree that US based servers aren't the greatest for a local
    audience but with de-peering half the local servers are routed via the
    US anyway. Also if the intended audience is global it's probably not an
    issue.

    And cheap definitely seemed to be one of the criteria - can you find
    200MB of locally based hosting for $70/annum anywhere? If you can I'd
    be very interested to know about it.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 8, 2005
  6. KaTnDaHaT

    EMB Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > mine costs me $20 a month, and I use ~10Gbyte/month, and I have
    > unlimited traffic and ~unlimited space...
    > by ~unlimited I mean I officially have 1Gbyte, but it is not a hard
    > limit, and I often(read: always) am over that limit.

    Will your hosting provider do this for a wider audience?

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > mine costs me $20 a month, and I use ~10Gbyte/month, and I have
    > unlimited traffic and ~unlimited space...

    Wow, is that with what used to be Scarfies.net (Can't remember the
    current name)? Do they have PHP and MySQL by any chance?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Apr 8, 2005
  8. KaTnDaHaT

    maz Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > maz wrote:
    > > They use US servers. You would be far better to look for a NZ hosted

    option,
    > > where download speeds and response times are quicker.

    > I'll agree that US based servers aren't the greatest for a local
    > audience but with de-peering half the local servers are routed via the
    > US anyway. Also if the intended audience is global it's probably not an
    > issue.
    >
    > And cheap definitely seemed to be one of the criteria - can you find
    > 200MB of locally based hosting for $70/annum anywhere? If you can I'd
    > be very interested to know about it.
    >

    > --
    > EMB

    If you are looking for cheap, you would be better to signup to hosting via a
    US company, as there are hundreds if not thousands of comapnies over there
    that charge a lot less, for exactly the same US based hosting.

    maz, Apr 8, 2005
  9. KaTnDaHaT

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "KaTnDaHaT" <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys.
    >
    > I want to host some family real video files for my website, have looked

    around
    > a number of places like xdrive.com etc but they dont provide an easy url

    link
    > to cut and paste. Have tried a few FTP storage sites and they are too

    slow.
    > Dont want to pay that much and want to store up to 100megs. Any

    suggestions,
    > anybody using a service they rate that provides a simple URL to add to my

    web
    > site? Yes id store it with IHUG but they are out of date on their pricing

    and I
    > have to pay like everybody else these days :-(.
    >

    > Tim.

    You should've paid yourself more when you had the chance. :)

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Apr 8, 2005
  10. KaTnDaHaT

    Enkidu Guest

    KaTnDaHaT wrote:

    > Yes id store it with IHUG but they are out of date
    > on their pricing and I have to pay like everybody
    > else these days :-(.

    Ooo, bugger, that's not nice, eh?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 8, 2005
  11. KaTnDaHaT

    KaTnDaHaT Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >KaTnDaHaT wrote:
    >>
    > > Yes id store it with IHUG but they are out of date
    > > on their pricing and I have to pay like everybody
    > > else these days :-(.
    >>

    >Ooo, bugger, that's not nice, eh?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff