    side dishes for Thanksgiving.

    Regards,

    Dave

    Dave C., Dec 1, 2010

  2. "Dave C." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am running Office 2000 and today I received a Word file with
    > the .docx extension. Usually I reply to the sender to resend it with
    > a .doc extension. But while trying to open it, I am presented with the
    > FileFormatConverter.exe for early Office to be able to read files from
    > Office 2007 and newer.
    >
    > Before I run it, are there any concerns with this (being a little
    > cautious)?
    >
    > Meanwhile, I am going to ask the sender (my daughter) to resend it.
    > It happens to be a dozen or so of recipes she used to make some of the
    > side dishes for Thanksgiving.

    No concerns. Go to microsoft.com and download the free converter so that
    legacy programs can open the latest version of Office Documents.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 1, 2010

  3. Dave C.

    Kele Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

    -----------------------

    Kele, Dec 1, 2010
  4. Dave C.

    Dave C. Guest

    On Nov 30, 9:00 pm, "Kele" <> wrote:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-....
    >
    > -----------------------
    >
    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "Dave C." <> wrote in message

    > >I am running Office 2000 and today I received a Word file with
    > > the .docx extension.  Usually I reply to the sender to resend it with
    > > a .doc extension. But while trying to open it, I am presented with the
    > > FileFormatConverter.exe for early Office to be able to read files from
    > > Office 2007 and newer.

    > > Before I run it, are there any concerns with this (being a little
    > > cautious)?

    > > Meanwhile, I am going to ask the sender (my daughter) to resend it.
    > > It happens to be a dozen or so of recipes she used to make some of the
    > > side dishes for Thanksgiving.

    > No concerns. Go to microsoft.com and download the free converter so that
    > legacy programs can open the latest version of Office Documents.

    Got it fine...works perfectly.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Dave C., Dec 4, 2010