    vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.

    Thanks.

    Nobody, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Nobody <> spake thusly:

    > I run WinXP home edition and Moz 1.4... occasionally, I have to go
    > into cache to retrieve an item.
    >
    > Is it possible to have file type extensions showing. Usually, it's a
    > vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    > file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'

    --
    Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    Indigo Moon Man, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    > Nobody <> spake thusly:
    >
    >>I run WinXP home edition and Moz 1.4... occasionally, I have to go
    >>into cache to retrieve an item.
    >>
    >>Is it possible to have file type extensions showing. Usually, it's a
    >>vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    >>file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    > Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'
    >
    > --
    > Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    > http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    Tried it, albeit on ME, didn't work there. I would be curiouys if it
    does display extensions in the cache on XP.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Nobody

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    >
    >>Nobody <> spake thusly:
    >>

    >>>I run WinXP home edition and Moz 1.4... occasionally, I have to go
    >>>into cache to retrieve an item.
    >>>
    >>>Is it possible to have file type extensions showing. Usually, it's a
    >>>vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    >>>file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    >>Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'
    >>
    >>--
    >>Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    >>http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
    >>

    > Tried it, albeit on ME, didn't work there. I would be curiouys if it
    > does display extensions in the cache on XP.
    >
    > Lee

    No, cache files in Mozilla are stored withOUT any extension. If I
    recall correctly this was done for some sort of security reason.
    However, if you do about:cache?device=disk in the browser you will see
    the extensions.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 02:12:27 GMT, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Indigo Moon Man wrote:
    >>
    >>>Nobody <> spake thusly:

    >No, cache files in Mozilla are stored withOUT any extension. If I
    >recall correctly this was done for some sort of security reason.
    >However, if you do about:cache?device=disk in the browser you will see
    >the extensions.

    Yep! Cumbersome but it works. Pity Moz does it this way... Netscape
    4.7 had file extensions displayed in cache from what I remember.

    Nobody, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:09:01 -0700, "Indigo Moon Man"
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody <> spake thusly:
    >>
    >> I run WinXP home edition and Moz 1.4... occasionally, I have to go
    >> into cache to retrieve an item.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to have file type extensions showing. Usually, it's a
    >> vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    >> file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    >Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'

    Nope, that does NOT work for cache in Moz.

    Nobody, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Nobody <> spake thusly:

    > On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:09:01 -0700, "Indigo Moon Man"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nobody <> spake thusly:
    >>>
    >>> I run WinXP home edition and Moz 1.4... occasionally, I have to go
    >>> into cache to retrieve an item.
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to have file type extensions showing. Usually, it's a
    >>> vid file that I want, and it's a pain to try to guess what type of
    >>> file it is (.mpeg, .mov, .ra, .avi etc) when renaming the file.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    >> Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'

    > Nope, that does NOT work for cache in Moz.

    Yeah, I just saw someone else say that Mozilla doesn't display extensions in
    the cache for security or something. Sorry, I didn't know that.

    Indigo Moon Man, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Nobody

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Indigo Moon Man wrote:

    > Nobody <> spake thusly:
    >
    >>On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:09:01 -0700, "Indigo Moon Man"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Nobody <> spake thusly:

    >>>Go into XP's folder options under the view tab and in the 'Files and
    >>>Folders' section deselect 'Hide file extensions for known file types.'

    >>Nope, that does NOT work for cache in Moz.

    > Yeah, I just saw someone else say that Mozilla doesn't display extensions in
    > the cache for security or something. Sorry, I didn't know that.
    >
    > --
    > Our Daily Bread Devotional:
    > http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

    It's not that the extensions don't display, there are no extensions at
    all placed on the files when saved. But when viewing the disk cache in
    Mozilla it does display the file types/extensions.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 7, 2003