    any advice appreciated..

    Best Regards,
    Randall
    Rabid man, Sep 28, 2007

  2. If it works on XP x64, this one should do the same thing:

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/t_androsafileprotect.html

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 28, 2007

  3. Rabid man

    Rabid man Guest

    Hi
    Thanks for the link
    Tried that prog but errors - can't find install directory ? not a
    good sign to start...

    Tried a bunch of other programs...it seems common sense is
    at a premium...From what I can tell, double clicking the encrypted
    file
    merely removes the encryption I what I tried - it doesn't launch the
    file...(which is why
    I would click it to begin with)

    advanced file encryption, cryptomite, krytolite all will not launch
    the file and require a second click...
    thereby eliminating the use of shortcuts in the process...

    I'm after this.....
    right click a file
    select encrypt and add password
    to open - double click the encrypted file (or shortcut to the file)
    password prompt comes up
    enter password and then file opens...
    axcrypt does exactly this, but gives errors in winxp64

    this reminds me of all the dvd burning programs that don't tell you
    on the screen how much data you have left remaining on the
    disc...including nero

    2 hours later and no further ahead..

    thanks

    Rabid man, Sep 28, 2007
  4. Rabid man

    Rabid man Guest

    boy is this frustrating - people who are writing this encrypt software
    need to smarten up...
    I have tried like 12 programs now and none of them work in a slick
    logical fashion...

    If one encrypts a file, they would usually like it to go back to an
    encrypted state after use. Since we are using
    computers, automation is key...

    not one of the programs I have tried launches the file after entering
    the password. ~!!!!
    So I ask you, why would I just want to decrypt a file if not 9 times
    out of 10 to view it ?

    and following the viewing, since I encrypted it in the first place, I
    want it to return to that
    state AUTOMATICALLY !!! HELLO, anyone home....this is so
    microsoftonian that I can't
    believe it, I expected to find some slick programs out there but its
    just been several hours of
    frustration now...no logic, nobody has thought it through and made the
    process as painless
    as possible...Its like these people wrote the programs and never used
    them...

    as mentioned, axcrypt does all of this beautifully, simple logic, but
    does not work without
    "this application is taking to long to open" errors with xp64.... I
    have also experimented with
    compatibility modes with axcrypt but to no avail...

    Rabid man, Sep 29, 2007
  5. Rabid man

    svante Guest

    Hello,

    I am the author of AxCrypt. There will be full support for x64 later
    during this year if all goes well. It does work under wow64 as it is,
    but that is obviously not optimal.

    There was also mention of AxCrypt being 'buggy' - that is not something
    I am aware of, although of course there are defects in AxCrypt as in all
    software unfortunately. There will also be a bug-fix release prior to
    continuing on AxCrypt 2.0. Please report any bugs via sourceforge,
    links are available at http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/ .

    Further comments and thoughts on improvement are welcome.

    Svante

    --
    svante
    svante's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31975

    http://forums.techarena.in
    svante, Sep 29, 2007
  6. That is nice, to have the actual people behind the scenes looking over our
    collective shoulder. Last time I can remember, was Alex Feinman - thank you,
    Svante!

    R-M:

    If you are having issues with all alternative products, then you must
    consider the possibility of the issue to be on your machine and not
    automatically a result of 'buggy' software.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 29, 2007
  7. Rabid man

    Rabid man Guest

    Hi

    I was actually going to email you but you beat me to the punch

    I use it to encrypt azz cardfile (among other things), and sometimes
    if I make changes the changes aren't saved.
    Axcrypt doesn't always exit properly and I sometimes have to go back
    into task manager
    and end the process - if not, when I open the file again it wants to
    open as read only...
    Not the end of the world but it would be great if it worked without
    these minor annoyances...

    I will wait with baited breath for the new release of axcrypt - now I
    can stop wasting
    all my nights !!!! :)

    fantastic program, not sure why your the only one who "gets it" but
    kudos to you...

    Best Regards,
    Randall

    Rabid man, Sep 29, 2007