    of certain files and folders. When I try to access them from my laptop, it
    tells me access is denied. Hw can I fix this?

    Mike G
    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBH?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBH?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just set up a wireless network in my home and enabled sharing (I

    think)

    Jack, Jun 18, 2005

  3. There are a couple of reasons why this may not be working.

    1) the other computer or server your trying to access may be turned off
    2) the other computer or server your trying to access may have a firewall
    enabled (preventing file sharing)

    The check you can do is to... (on Windows XP)

    step 1) go on the computer (where the files your trying to access are
    saved), locate the file u want share, right click the file, press properties,
    and click the "sharing" tab. make sure the check box "share this folder on my
    network" is checked! and click Apply then ok.

    step 2) go to your laptop, click START > MY NETWORK PLACES and allow up to 3
    minutes to refresh the files, and your file should soon appear on the list.

    OR, if that fails, try disabling your firewall temporarily (if u have on) on
    your computers, and trying again. If this then works, contact your firewall
    company and ask them how to let File sharing through the firewall. Or contact
    me for advice to do this.

    Hope this information has been usful to you.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY18wOTk=?=, Jun 19, 2005