    files?

    Thanks in advance for any help on this.

    Sooner
    Sooner, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Howdy!

    "Sooner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was trying to copy some files to a CD today, and suddenly I got a
    > new Microsoft wizard that copies files to a temp directory and forced
    > me to add the files in a separate step. Also, the file system is CDFS
    > not NTFS as it always was in the past. I also can no longer use
    > Roxio's DirectCD Format utility -- it won't recognize any of my CD or
    > DVD write drives. How can I go back to the old simpler way of copying
    > files?

    Disable the XP wizard, and enable DirectCD.

    BTW - several things I gleaned that you didn't mention -

    1) You're running on XP - since XP has a Roxio core module built in
    to handle ISO creation.

    2) You don't know what you're talking about - because CDFS is what
    DirectCD ends up with also, once you close it. And DirectCD disks are NEVER
    NTFS ...

    3) You don't give a shit about your data, or you'd not use DirectCD
    for CD-RWs or CD-Rs, since it uses UDF not ISO format. XP's internal
    burning program DOES use ISO format ... which makes it more reliable in
    terms of backing up and transportability to other systems (imagine that!)

    4) You don't know how to ask questions well - you forgot the OS,
    what you did immediately previous to the change (install SP2? Windows
    Updates? New game? Restore a previous Restore Point? What?), thereby
    expecting everyone to use their crystal balls to figure out the answer.
    Guess what - Almost nobody here clinks when they walk (they don't have
    crystal balls, IOW).

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Sooner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > > Howdy!
    > >
    > > "Sooner" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I was trying to copy some files to a CD today, and suddenly I got
    > > > a new Microsoft wizard that copies files to a temp directory and
    > > > forced me to add the files in a separate step. Also, the file
    > > > system is CDFS not NTFS as it always was in the past. I also can
    > > > no longer use Roxio's DirectCD Format utility -- it won't
    > > > recognize any of my CD or DVD write drives. How can I go back to
    > > > the old simpler way of copying files?
    > > >

    > > Disable the XP wizard, and enable DirectCD.
    > >
    > > BTW - several things I gleaned that you didn't mention -
    > >
    > > 1) You're running on XP - since XP has a Roxio core module
    > > built in to handle ISO creation.
    > >
    > > 2) You don't know what you're talking about - because CDFS
    > > is what DirectCD ends up with also, once you close it. And
    > > DirectCD disks are NEVER NTFS ...
    > >
    > > 3) You don't give a shit about your data, or you'd not use
    > > DirectCD for CD-RWs or CD-Rs, since it uses UDF not ISO format.
    > > XP's internal burning program DOES use ISO format ... which makes
    > > it more reliable in terms of backing up and transportability to
    > > other systems (imagine that!)

    So what do YOU suggest for "on the fly" use of CDRWs?

    > > 4) You don't know how to ask questions well - you forgot
    > > the OS, what you did immediately previous to the change (install
    > > SP2? Windows Updates? New game? Restore a previous Restore
    > > Point? What?), thereby expecting everyone to use their crystal
    > > balls to figure out the answer. Guess what - Almost nobody here
    > > clinks when they walk (they don't have crystal balls, IOW).

    (no crystal balls here either <g>)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Sooner

    AsianSpanker

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    The Big Bang Theory"Remember when the neighbor kids beat you up for being to smart?

    Dear RwP, Did you see the Big Bang Theory episode when Sheldon's mother told him " Remember when all the neighbor kids beat you up for telling them how much smarter you were than they were?
    I thought that was pretty funny. I am a retired Marine Engineer and sometimes when I get on a boat with landlubbers I cannot believe how often they put themselves into danger and everyone else too. Or do things like storing things in the hold that shouldn't get wet, under the waterline, when you can see water gets in that hold all the time.
    My point is, you are pretty damn smart. Thanks for helping us who are lesser
    at understanding Computer Science.
    I have been spending my time learning Ubuntu because Microsoft seems to feel that after I bought their computer OS they can change things without my permission whenever they want. I am sure I gave them permission to do this by checking the box that said "have you read all the conditions" that would take anyone 1/2 hour to read.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. But please don't be to hard on us.
    I love watching The Big Bang Theory with real professors from Stanford doing the research for the 4 very bright characters. This is a big life. We all need help in how to sector off our life's hard drive. How much time spent learning each part.
    I spent years at sea, going from Seattle to Dutch Harbor. Back and forth. Made good money, but put way to much time in that area of my life.
    It seems to me that most people can't see what is right in front of them when they walk onto the gangplank. I have gotten my sarcasm down to almost bearable.
    I really did like your comments. Which proves I still haven't gotten my sarcasm under control.

    3) You don't give a **** about your data, or you'd not use DirectCD
    for CD-RWs or CD-Rs, since it uses UDF not ISO format. XP's internal
    burning program DOES use ISO format ... which makes it more reliable in
    terms of backing up and transportability to other systems (imagine that!)

    4) You don't know how to ask questions well - you forgot the OS,
    what you did immediately previous to the change (install SP2? Windows
    Updates? New game? Restore a previous Restore Point? What?), thereby
    expecting everyone to use their crystal balls to figure out the answer.
    Guess what - Almost nobody here clinks when they walk (they don't have
    crystal balls, IOW).

    RwP[/QUOTE]
    AsianSpanker, Jun 25, 2009