    "When I feed the poor, I'm called a saint. When I ask why the poor have no
    food, I'm called a communist." ...Archbishop Dom Helder Pessoa Camara
    (1909 - 1999) of Olinda and Recife, Brazilian Liberation Theologist

    Ron B Flaman, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Ron B Flaman

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:24:01 GMT, Ron B Flaman wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Is there software available that will convert Works 7.0 .wps files to .doc
    >files?

    MS Word - File / Open select type?

    OpenOffice.Org, full office suite http://www.openoffice.org/

    Single file or batch?

    Can you save the Works file in a different format?

    Do you need the conversion just to view it, i.e. no editing?

    Free / Commercial?

    not free, been using this since v4.
    http://www.avantstar.com/solutions/quick_view_plus/default.aspx
    check the link for supported formats.

    from www.google.com search -
    http://www.convertzone.com/quickfind.htm

    Try shareware / freeware library sites like,
    www.tucows.com
    www.simtel.net

    MS Office converters/viewers
    http://office.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx

    MS Works 7 pages
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/

    It's usually mich simpler to get the person that saved the file do do it
    in a format you can see.

    Me

    why?, Oct 23, 2003