    cause this? Virus? Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.

    TIA,
    Hawkeye65

    Addisons, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Addisons

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:87618$437bfdc7$18d67565$,
    Addisons spewed forth:
    > I have WinXP Home and cannot send an attachment using Yahoo! mail. I
    > have tried using Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7), Netscape (8.0.3.3), and
    > Internet Explorer (6.0.2900). All goes well until I go to the
    > directory where the file is stored. A message pops up and states,
    > "has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
    > inconvenience". Of course, another window pops-up to ask me if I want
    > to report the problem or not. I have even tried sending a message to
    > different addressees, with no luck. What could cause this? Virus?
    > Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Hawkeye65

    Have you tried putting the file you want to send in a different location on
    your computer before you attempt to browse for it in Yahoo? Like, put it on
    the desktop. Then try to attach it. Dunno if that will help or not.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Addisons

    Mike Easter Guest

    Addisons wrote:
    > All goes well until I go to the
    > directory where the file is stored. A message pops up and states,
    > "has encountered a problem and needs to close.

    Errrk! That sounds pretty unstable. That's just a little bit of
    navigating with a fileselector.

    Are you sure you aren't having some other problems doing some other
    things?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Addisons wrote:
    > I have WinXP Home and cannot send an attachment using Yahoo! mail. I have
    > tried using Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7), Netscape (8.0.3.3), and Internet
    > Explorer (6.0.2900). All goes well until I go to the directory where the
    > file is stored. A message pops up and states, "has encountered a problem and
    > needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Of course, another
    > window pops-up to ask me if I want to report the problem or not. I have even
    > tried sending a message to different addressees, with no luck. What could
    > cause this? Virus? Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.

    Could be that the file you're trying to attach is corrupted. What
    happens if you try other files? If it's just that one, run chkdsk /f and
    okay it running on restart, then restart.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 17, 2005