    sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.

    Any ideas?
    , Jan 14, 2008

  2. meerkat Guest

    "" <Rocklorian> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Win XP Pro SP2
    > How do I find out what programs IE will open a file with?
    > http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GERRY|RAFFERTY&sql=11:jifqxqr5ldje~T3
    > lets you listen to parts of songs. WMP should come up but it doesn't.
    > This usually means the .asx files is being opened with another program
    > but how do I find out what program .asx files are associated with?
    > Under Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File types the .asx file
    > is associated with Windows Media Player so it looks ok.
    >
    > I recently 'upgraded' my MusicMatchJukeBox to Yahoo Jukebox (which
    > sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.

    Bookmark this site
    http://filext.com/

    Type in the file extension, and it will tell you what you
    want to know.

    bw..
    meerkat, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:31:30 GMT, "meerkat" <>
    wrote:

    >"" <Rocklorian> wrote in message
    >> Win XP Pro SP2
    >> How do I find out what programs IE will open a file with?
    >> http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GERRY|RAFFERTY&sql=11:jifqxqr5ldje~T3
    >> lets you listen to parts of songs. WMP should come up but it doesn't.
    >> This usually means the .asx files is being opened with another program
    >> but how do I find out what program .asx files are associated with?
    >> Under Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File types the .asx file
    >> is associated with Windows Media Player so it looks ok.
    >>
    >> I recently 'upgraded' my MusicMatchJukeBox to Yahoo Jukebox (which
    >> sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.
    >>

    >Bookmark this site
    >http://filext.com/
    >
    >Type in the file extension, and it will tell you what you
    >want to know.
    >
    >bw..

    What I need to know is what program on my computer is trying to play
    ..asx files and not what programs will play .asx files. In MMJB it
    tells you what files MMJB is the default player for and .asx isn't
    one.
    , Jan 14, 2008
  4. Guest

    "" <Rocklorian> wrote:

    >Win XP Pro SP2
    >How do I find out what programs IE will open a file with?
    >http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GERRY|RAFFERTY&sql=11:jifqxqr5ldje~T3
    >lets you listen to parts of songs. WMP should come up but it doesn't.
    >This usually means the .asx files is being opened with another program
    >but how do I find out what program .asx files are associated with?
    >Under Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File types the .asx file
    >is associated with Windows Media Player so it looks ok.
    >
    >I recently 'upgraded' my MusicMatchJukeBox to Yahoo Jukebox (which
    >sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Start | Run <type in>
    cmd /k assoc .asx
    <enter>

    Is one way. VLC is my .asx player, so .asx=VLC.asx

    Start | Run <type in>
    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
    <enter>
    Click on assoc for more info.

    --

    http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/Isuzu.htm
    , Jan 14, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:11:55 -0800, wrote:

    > "" <Rocklorian> wrote:
    >
    >>Win XP Pro SP2
    >>How do I find out what programs IE will open a file with?
    >>http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GERRY|RAFFERTY&sql=11:jifqxqr5ldje~T3
    >>lets you listen to parts of songs. WMP should come up but it doesn't.
    >>This usually means the .asx files is being opened with another program
    >>but how do I find out what program .asx files are associated with?
    >>Under Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File types the .asx file
    >>is associated with Windows Media Player so it looks ok.
    >>
    >>I recently 'upgraded' my MusicMatchJukeBox to Yahoo Jukebox (which
    >>sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?

    >Start | Run <type in>
    >cmd /k assoc .asx
    ><enter>

    I get .asx=ASKFile
    I don't understand that.

    >Is one way. VLC is my .asx player, so .asx=VLC.asx
    >

    >Start | Run <type in>
    >%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
    ><enter>
    >Click on assoc for more info.
    , Jan 14, 2008
  6. Guest

    "" <Rocklorian> wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:11:55 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> "" <Rocklorian> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Win XP Pro SP2
    >>>How do I find out what programs IE will open a file with?
    >>>http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=GERRY|RAFFERTY&sql=11:jifqxqr5ldje~T3
    >>>lets you listen to parts of songs. WMP should come up but it doesn't.
    >>>This usually means the .asx files is being opened with another program
    >>>but how do I find out what program .asx files are associated with?
    >>>Under Windows Explorer\Tools\Folder Options\File types the .asx file
    >>>is associated with Windows Media Player so it looks ok.
    >>>
    >>>I recently 'upgraded' my MusicMatchJukeBox to Yahoo Jukebox (which
    >>>sucks) and I made sure that asx files are not on that file list.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?

    >>Start | Run <type in>
    >>cmd /k assoc .asx
    >><enter>

    >I get .asx=ASKFile
    >I don't understand that.

    I would think if you tried an .asx file it would ask what program to
    use - just a guess.

    You want WMP to be your default .asx player, then:

    Start | Run <type in>
    cmd /k assoc .asx=
    <enter>
    (will clear the association)

    then:
    assoc .asx="%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Media
    Player\wmplayer.exe"
    (will set the association to wmp)
    --

    Born to be alive
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a-aI1Ch39ZU
  7. Plato Guest

    Plato, Jan 15, 2008
  8. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:14:15 -0800, wrote:

    > "" <Rocklorian> wrote:

    >>>Start | Run <type in>
    >>>cmd /k assoc .asx
    >>><enter>

    >>I get .asx=ASKFile
    >>I don't understand that.

    >I would think if you tried an .asx file it would ask what program to
    >use - just a guess.
    >
    >You want WMP to be your default .asx player, then:
    >
    >Start | Run <type in>
    >cmd /k assoc .asx=
    ><enter>
    >(will clear the association)
    >
    >then:
    >assoc .asx="%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Windows Media
    >Player\wmplayer.exe"
    >(will set the association to wmp)

    The problem is I don't have any .asx files. I'm trying to play the
    clips on allmusic.com
    (ex:http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:3iftxqq5ldhe~T3)
    and click on the speaker icon.

    Thanks
    , Jan 20, 2008
  9. Guest

    "" <Rocklorian> wrote:

    >The problem is I don't have any .asx files. I'm trying to play the
    >clips on allmusic.com
    >(ex: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:3iftxqq5ldhe~T3 )
    >and click on the speaker icon.

    Should of mentioned that... the website is broke; cause my Browser
    (Opera) works just fine.

    I don't hear any songs, and there's no audio/video files in my cache,
    well two .asf files but they are only 1K in size.

    I tried the streaming audio thing with VLC nada.

    --

    Dolphin plays with bubble rings
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1041454/dolphin_play_bubble_rings/
  10. Guest

    wrote:

    >>(ex: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:3iftxqq5ldhe~T3 )
    >>and click on the speaker icon.

    >Should of mentioned that... the website is broke; cause my Browser
    >(Opera) works just fine.

    I always post too fast, FF want's AMG.DLL

    Seems to be an Allmusicguide file
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Allmusicguide
    (follow the links)

    The website must be trying to install this file, but we're blocking it
    (as should be done).

    Might try to download AMG.DLL and place it in your system32 directory.