    associationis fine, but I still want to be sure. Where do I find "Open
    With"? Any help? Thanks?
    , Nov 7, 2003

  2. Harrison Guest

    Press the shift key while right-clicking.

    Harrison, Nov 7, 2003

  3. I don't know about other operating systems but with
    Windows XP, you can open the Control Panel and open
    'Folder Options'. Click on the 'File Types' tab and change
    the file associations there.
    If you have a different operating system, reply with what
    you have and I'm sure someone will know.
    Good luck!

    ÐMâÑ ÖppôSêÐ, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Guest

    Right, I should have thought of that. I'm using Windows 98SE. Thanks.

    >I don't know about other operating systems but with
    >Windows XP, you can open the Control Panel and open
    >'Folder Options'. Click on the 'File Types' tab and change
    >the file associations there.
    >If you have a different operating system, reply with what
    >you have and I'm sure someone will know.
    >Good luck!
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> I'm having some trouble with file asociations. I've been told to find a
    >> file like I'm having problems with, i.e. mpg, avi, on my hard drive,
    >> right click on it, then chose "Open With", and chose the program I want
    >> to run the file. But when I right click on a file, all I see is "Open",
    >> instead of "Open With", so I don't have to option of chosing a program.
    >> If I click on open, the file opens and runs. I know this sounds like the
    >> associationis fine, but I still want to be sure. Where do I find "Open
    >> With"? Any help? Thanks?

    , Nov 7, 2003
  5. trout Guest

    wrote:

    > Right, I should have thought of that. I'm using Windows 98SE. Thanks.

    In that case, you can get there from Start > Settings > Folder
    Options; or from the toolbar in Explorer under "View".

    trout, Nov 7, 2003
  6. nemo Guest

    You don't get the option to "open with" when you right click on a file
    if it already has a programme associated with it.

    You can either change the file associated with the programme by doing
    what the other posters have suggested or you can go to folder options
    select "file types" select the extension and click delete. Then you
    can right click on the file and use "open with".

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 7, 2003