  1. Something went wrong! When I select one of my .jpeg files I get an error
    message that says there is no program associated with this file. What is
    up? I don't remember how to fix it. Please help. TIA. Sonja

    Soni in Nevada, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Soni in Nevada

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Soni in Nevada said:

    > Something went wrong! When I select one of my .jpeg files I get an error
    > message that says there is no program associated with this file. What is
    > up? I don't remember how to fix it. Please help. TIA. Sonja

    Right click, choose Open With, and select the your prefered programme.
    Don't forget to choose "Always choose this program to open these files"

    Brian H¹©, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Soni in Nevada

    JM Guest

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:04:29 GMT, Soni in Nevada wrote:

    > Something went wrong! When I select one of my .jpeg files I get an error
    > message that says there is no program associated with this file. What is
    > up? I don't remember how to fix it. Please help. TIA. Sonja

    My Computer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
    --
    Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
    Joseph Campbell

    JM, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Soni in Nevada

    SgtMinor Guest

    If you don't have it yet, download Irfanview (free):
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    SgtMinor, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Soni in Nevada

    Unk Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Something went wrong! When I select one of my .jpeg files I get an error
    >message that says there is no program associated with this file. What is
    >up? I don't remember how to fix it. Please help. TIA. Sonja

    Click once on the file you want to re-associate, to highlight it,
    press and hold the <Shift> key and right click the file.
    Select "Open with......." from the context menu,
    use the scroll bar to locate the program you want to associate the file
    with, Check the box "Always use this program to open this type of file",
    OK your way out.

    You can associate jpg with MS Paint.

    Unk, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Soni in Nevada

    Mike245 Guest

    Soni in Nevada wrote:

    > Something went wrong! When I select one of my .jpeg files I get an error
    > message that says there is no program associated with this file. What is
    > up? I don't remember how to fix it. Please help. TIA. Sonja

    ..jpeg is usually not associated with anything by default on windows.
    Right click and open it with your browser and set that as the default.

    jpeg

    jpg

    see the difference?

    --